Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today me and my kitty were relaxing in the living room, when my roomie brought her little sis home. her sis is about 4, so she is very little. well, her sis went over to say hi to the cat (very calmly and nicely) and sasha hissed at her and tried to scratch her :shock: . i was so shocked! my cat is always so nice a friendly, and im really worried that she freaked out when faced with a child :( what should i do, and is this normal? i hope to have kids some day, and now im worried that sasha wont like them :cry: . i love my cat so much, and i just want her to get along with children :(

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
If this is her first encounter with children, you can imagine the shock of it! It's like introducing a cat to a dog for the first time. Don't force her to be around the kid. I suggest having the lil kid over every once and a while to try to get her used to the strange being.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I'm sure its b/c this strange person is coming up the cat and the cat may be thinking they're a threat b/c this "person" is coming towards the cat and leaning their hand toward them...maybe trying to kill them or take them away who knows?

Try to acclimate the situation by bringing over the little girl but not letting her get near the kitty for now and let the kitty get used to the girl being around first. Then later work on trying to pet kitty or actually letting kitty come up the girl and sniff her and stuff. Good luck :!:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts