Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, I mean it. I LOVE Harry Potter and all these threds about the new book is killing me. I'm soo dying to read them, but I don't dare to, since I might find out more than I need, before I get my hands on a book. So pleaaaaaaase... no more threads that's tempting me.

Ooooooops, just realized I started one... but NO spoilers are allowed in this thread or I'll ask Jeanie to remove it... Not a word. :D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
We started our son on Harry Potter right after he turned seven.

OMG IM TEH EBIL! Hee!

He's read the books dozens of times, and even started writing his own reference guide to the spells and potions. Name, effect, ingredients, and page numbers. He makes me so proud. :D

And hey, at least I have a number of books on Wicca (being Pagan myself), if he's genuinely interested. I don't think he will be, though, seeing as how spells and like incantations are utterly fake and are, therefore, pretty darn meaningless to a child of nine. Books on Wicca are awfully dry - no more interesting than the Bible or any other religious text. No fun.

(Well, this reply makes no sense, since Willow edited their post. Just pretend it was prefaced by a post about how Harry Potter is bad for kids because it makes them want to be witches. Then it makes sense.)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Anyhow.... GET THE BOOK, CyberPet! :D And whatever you do, avoid spoilers. Omigosh, they'll ruin it for you. I actually got offline as of yesterday, refusing to come back on until I was done reading.

After I finished the book this afternoon, I went back and found the spoilers that are floating around. Lots of them were wrong, but some were not. Not worth the risk.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Petra -
Did you have one reserved? When do you think you can get a hold of a copy? I saw a news story tonight about people waiting all night in line. I am so lucky to have found a copy so easily. I hope you get your book soon! Then we can have a discussion thread about it. Well, maybe we should have several... LOL. I don't want to read any spoilers either!!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm going crazy trying to avoid the spoilers as well... I didn't pre-order a copy for financial budgeting reasons, and have to wait until I can afford it before getting one (by the end of the month for SURE, but the extra vet bills have made things tight). It's SOOOO hard to avoid spoilers for so long! 8O

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I haven't pre-ordred one. I've been so busy with other things that it totally slipped my mind. Then a friend said she had picked her book up yesterday, so I had to throw myself on her and tell her to shut up. :D

I'm going to see if I can find a store that might have it today, if not I'll have to order it online (takes a week).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts