Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to get one of the heat vents to open up wider in my living room. A huge moth must have been hiding inside and it flew out. Bodhi immediately determined it was an unnecessary addition to our little group, and chased it all over the place....I had no idea a 15 lb cat could move that fast...and jump that high..OMG!!.....He must only be operating at 1/4 speed when he plays with me........it took about 30 seconds even though half the time it was on the ceiling...lol....it was so gruesome when he ate it....although he seemed to enjoy it more than the store bought foods...which kind of makes me wonder?....lol

wish i would have thought of grabbing the camera...it was over so fast...not enough time...

steve

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Such is the cycle of life. If the moth was outside a bird would have gotten it most likely. It's funny how indoor cats react to some things isn't it?! Mine will almost totally ignore toys yet chase an errant moth or bug!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good point.....he did put in quite a bit of work catching it....that would make it taste better,,,...it probably seemed more authentic to him than his normal cat food...he had to work for it.....lol

oh yes....he gets way crazier with bugs and random leaves that make it inside vs his store bought toys....he likes milk jug rings and those are basically free...he just goes nuts when he hears one of those being removed from the jug....

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
we thought a little calico we had was having neurological problems untill we figured out she was tracking an erratically flying fruit fly.. she looked like a running bobble-head toy...

·
Registered
719 Posts
Since I got my cats, I've never had problems with annoying flying bugs. Rest assured, one of my cats will deal with the 'problem'. Even if they don't catch it immediately, they'll employ the persistence-hunting method of chasing the bug all over the place until it's too tired to fly around.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It is amazing what they will chase and/or eat. My cat Abby once got a hold of a spider, she somehow pulled the legs off of it and ate the rest of it. She was chomping on something and when I went to look to see what it was, there were just a pile of spider legs on the floor. She once also hurdled the couch from one end to another in one bounce to get a fly. The fly lost...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts