Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a funny thought! How long are your cat's whiskers. Since I have 7 cats I have to omit that my one cat Cupid has the longest whiskers I have seen. I measured them with a tape measure and sure enough they are 5 inches long. She is the smallest Persian I own but she makes up for it with her whiskers by far. Why not measure your cat's whiskers and see how actually long they are and post the results or pictures here. If you don't believe me look at her picture "Cupid" in my gallery and see for yourself. This could be the beginning of the Barbershop Cattette. Looking forward to hearing about those "Whiskers".

·
Registered
121 Posts
LOL! Fun topic! It was kind of hard to measure cuz the cats wanted to sniff the ruler. But... Badness' are 3" long and Scrappy's are 2 1/2" long.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wiskers

Glad you were able to measure your cat's whiskers. I hope some more cat owners take note of their cat's whiskers. I think it will be fun to see what the cats have. Thanks to you and the cats for participating. Hope to hear some more results.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Name Age Breed Sex

Obie 1 year Manx shorthair M 3 inches

Walker 1 year Manx Medhair M 4 inches

Roukie 2 years Manx shorthair M 4 inches

Poco 2 years Manx Medhair F 4 1/2 inches

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Well, no records here. Precious and Blueberry's whiskers are in the neighborhood of 3 inches. Too much wiggling to say exactly! :( But they're VERY nice whiskers! :D

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Punky's measured 5 inches, which is quite large in proportion to the size of her head.

Elly's are about 2.5 inches... not surprising for the petite cat she is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts