Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
omg...i woke up this morning, to my landlord yelling my name through my OPEN window. apparently the screen fell out and all the cats were outside. not only are escaping cats a bad thing...i'm only supposed to have 3 cats here. (there's 6 at the moment)

HEART ATTACK!

chester was just laying in the grass by the fence. my landlord said 3 others ran back inside when he went into the yard. i made up a not-entirely-untrue excuse that i'm watching my friend's cats while he's out of town :wink: he said he saw a black cat run off though. so i went back inside, gave them some wet food so i could do a head count. total = 5 cats. and yoshimi, the small black cat, was not present for the wet food. heart attack #2.

so its 7:30 am, raining, and i'm prancing around the neighborhood, looking under cars, around bushes, up trees, tresspassing on numerous properties, searching parking garages, calling her name, and freaking out. no sign of yoshimi.

i went back inside and looked up some info on finding a lost cat. i also tore the house apart looking for her, just in case she was hiding somewhere. i still couldn't find her. i went back out in search of yoshimi again, still no sign of her. so i came back in to call her owner and make posters to put up around the neighborhood.

as i'm on the phone with her owner, who is driving on the interstate and i nearly gave him a heart attack...here comes yoshimi trotting in from the bedroom. i shreiked her name and she looked at me like "what the heck did i do?" :lol:

i have no idea where she was hiding. i swear i looked everywhere. they always come running for wet food, i can't believe she didn't come out. aggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

i'm glad they're all still here, and the landlord said he was going to nail the screens on when he gets home later. for now the windows are closed.

i'm still highly freaked out though. gawd. yoshimi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
That happened to me once right after I brought Envy home. I took a shower while my kids were eating lunch. When I got out they said they couldn't find Envy. I figured she was hiding from them, it had only been a few days since I got her. Half an hour later they said they still couldnt find her so I looked under the bed, her favorite hiding spot. She wasnt there, I called her name, no kitty came. I started to panick after I shook her favorite sparkly teaser that she always came running for. I looked everywhere but couldnt find her. Then my older son (whos prone to telling fibs) told me he saw my younger son let Envy out. I freaked, for the next three hours I spent my time bawling while calling her name outside, driving around the neighborhood...my heart stopped when I saw a brown lump of fur by the road. It turned out to not be her thank God.

I finally went back to the apartment and realised I might never see her again, just then I heard faint meowing. I ran towards the noise and found Envy curled up in a box in my closet, I grabbed her and hugged her and she looked at me like "Whats with you, freak?"

Took me a full few days to recover from that, I know how you feel.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
What a terrible scare! I hope your land lord wont start snooping around
in the near future! I hope he stears clear from you. Make sure to pay your rent on time! heheee :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lost & Found - My Cocoa Puff

Know how you feel. My sweet Cocoa Puff, cream persian, did that same thing. My husband had the hose through the garage side door open and then I could not find her so I figuered she made her escape then. I called her, ran the can opener, if that doesn't usuall work then we are in trouble. No response from her. All the others were waiting for dinner though. I had the whole neighborhood looking for her. My neighbor took her photo ran copies from his computer and placed them all over. By night time I was exhausted and sad. I laid on our bed crying when all of sudden I hear this little faint meoww! and she was under our water bed where we have drawers under it. My husband looked there earlier and could not find her because she found a perfect small hiding place and could not be seen . She never came out when we called her name too! Kind of reminds me what I did as a child to my grandmother when I hid behind clothes racks in the department store and did not come out when my name was called. Perhaps a payback from above. Glad she was found as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, well the ending isn't entirely happy...the saga continues.

apparently they came in contact with a stray cat. woody and lint have respiratory infections and had to go to the vet yesterday. buttons is on antibiotics for a urinary tract infection, so luckily he didn't catch the repiratory infection. the others have been sneezing here and there, so i'm hoping its minor they can fight it off on their own. woody and lint are very ill though, woody especially. go figure...the little angel who slept soundly in the closet while her crazy brothers frolicked outside is the one who gets horribly sick. :evil:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ohhhhhhh how sad :( I feel for you, it's kinda scary when you see them sick. Hope they get better soon, Let us know okay? Susie

·
Registered
36 Posts
lol

i remember when me and my boyfriend were about to leave the house a few weeks ago and whenever either one of us is about to leave..Dill(<-- our cat) sees us off..so when he wasnt anywhere to be seen we freaked out and tore the house apart yelling his name left and right and you will never guess where we found him.....sleepin like a rock in the BATHTUB!!! lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts