Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a crush on their pet's Vet?

For some time now (about 1.5 yrs), I have been going to this one specific Vet at the clinic I usually go to. He is wonderful with my cats, but SO flirty. Trouble is I have the biggest crush on him since I met him. So to him, it's all fun and games and fun-loving banter, but for me, he makes me nervous, sweaty palmed, and giggly. Then, I leave there wondering if he is just this way with everyone of if it's more personal. Yes, it's sad...I admit it *sigh*

For pete's sake I am 42 years old, and I do rationalize that this is only a passing crush, but it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable because he is SO friendly. I am thinking of asking for another Vet when I go. Am I overreacting?

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
Not my current vet. Don't get me wrong, he's cute with his pants hiked up to his armpits over his large belly and his suspendors are great......and I often want to hug his grandfatherly person but...

It was the vet we used in NJ for our epileptic malamute. He has the most GORGEOUS blue eyes. I was always touching up my makeup and fluffling my hair before I'd go into the office. My ex husband would just roll his eyes at me :p

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not my current vet. Don't get me wrong, he's cute with his pants hiked up to his armpits over his large belly and his suspendors are great......and I often want to hug his grandfatherly person but...
LOL...he sounds like a hottie ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't say I have... However, I worked at a vet clinic who had this attractive young vet (everybody called him McDreamy). I didn't feel anything towards him but I had other coworkers who did and clients specifically asked for appointments with him all of the time.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Some guys are just flirty. My eye doctor is like that, but I don't consider it anything other than he is just being friendly.

But if it makes you uncomfortable, by all means ask for one of the other vets.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
No, I've always had older vets, or woman vets. If it makes you uncomfortable, and you think having a different vet would make it easier, by all means ask for a different vet. Nothing wrong with that at all.

LOL!!!!! That is funny! :p

·
Registered
412 Posts
Not so much a crush as an appreciation for him. lol He's fairly decent looking, in good shape and the kicker is his English accent. Melts me. lol The first time I took Pedro & Apple to see him I had no idea he is a Brit. His first words spoken when he came in the room were when he picked up Apple, kissed her on her forehead and said, "Oh aren't you cute!" in that accent. Yup. Sold. /giggle

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Is he available? Are you available. Plus 42 is young. You're not blind or dead. Crushes and flirting can be fun!

All the nice looking vets in my area are married.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is he available? Are you available. Plus 42 is young. You're not blind or dead. Crushes and flirting can be fun!
Never asked him if he was available, but I noticed he never wears a marriage ring. One time I was there and had a ruby ring on my left ring finger, and I caught him checking it out. Who knows maybe he was just admiring the ring for all I know ;)

But thanks for putting it into perspective Mitts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts