Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i peeked in the loss section, and was thinking/hoping...

Maybe in not the only one that so incredibly and deeply loves animals? Like, for most poeple, a person or a cat hit by a car, they would automatically save only the person before even thinking of the cat. I would instantly grab them both at the same time (well, this is providing they dont run away in fear, if i knew they would let me). Its not even a thought for me. Saving is saving. Loving is loving.

am i the only one?

I think its a different kind of love for pets/animals than for family/people, but i dont think that means it cant be to the same degree. am i broken? lol.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
hah. I don't think so at all. There's plenty of times I've been watching the news and we'll hear a story about a house fire or car crash and my first thought will be "Oh Gosh, I hope they don't have a dog/cat in there!" or we'll be a Movie and some stunt will happen with a horse and my first thought is always "That POOR stunt horse." Or I won't watch the movie at all. For example I haven't seen "Dances with Wolves" I know he's got a favored horse and someone told me it dies in the movie. Not interested. With all animal movies I have to check the spoilers to make sure it ends well for the animals (I dont care how it ends for the human element).

I'm way more distrustful of humans and just prefer animals in general.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I dearly loved my grandmother. When she passed away I was sad, but we were expecting it and I never cried. I was able to accept it.

When my cat Alex died I was also expecting it but I cried day and night, so much that I couldn't see out of my eyes, they were so swollen. I was a wreck and depressed for months.
I dared to mention this to a friend of mine and she said she felt the same way.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
The one that gets me the worst is '8 Below' about the huskies who are abandoned in the antarctic. SO SAD!
Haha! That was another movie I had to read the spoilers on. SO watched that in the living room while Mow and I watched 'Snow Dogs' in the bedroom. Similar theme but MUCH happier movie. ;)

I'll never forget in school they made us watch "Where the Red Fern Grows". I BEGGED my mom to let me stay home sick that day. Halfway through the movie I faked a stomach ache and spent the rest of the time in the Nurse's office.

The ultimate tear jerker to me was "Homeward Bound". Man, my poor dog's head was all wet with my tears by the time that movie ended. At the end when the old dog says "Oh Peter, I was so worried about you." Best movie ever.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I've watched 8 Below, but I have never seen Homeward Bound or Snow Dogs. Thanks for the tip!
Snow Dogs is good, but Homeward Bound (either the old or the newer version) will always be one of my absolute favorites...you must see it! :D

Yes, my cats are like my children, and I would do anything for any of them. Even if they aren't mine, I still feel for and love each one. I've already rescued two male strays and re-homed them, and I lost the third male to a car which I was just heartbroken about. I've never really been a big fan of humans (I'm rather distrustful of most of them), but animals are just perfect...they never lie and will always love you.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The only part I don't like in Milo & Otis, is the kitten going down the river. Now, I understand that the scene was most likely a controlled environment, with safety for the animal ensured and all that... but it still makes me upset just to watch!

Anyhoo. I can't have human kids, but that's okay... I like my 4-legged fuzzy ones better! If I want a little human for entertainment ever so often, I have a 4 year old nephew that lives just down the street and visits almost every day.

When my cats go over the Bridge, I'm going to immediately get another cat. Most people think this is bad, but here's my feeling on it... I'm not replacing that cat, as I will miss it dearly...but I also can't bear the thought of an empty house AND I want to help another cat have a better life than at a shelter. So many cats are waiting to be rescued, I don't want to waste time with being their hero!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts