Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charlie Cat is about 15 years old. He had a bad tooth that had to be treated with antibotics. The vet will not remove the tooth untill he has some strength back. He lost a lot of wieght vary fast and will not eat. I have tryed every thing I could think about to tempt him and so far nothing. Tonight I made a mix of hard boiled eggs, chicken, caned kitten food and some spray vit into a mush that I can force down. He is still drinking and will move about the house to be near where I am. He is still using the litter box.
How long should I keep this up. When would you think I should take his well being into thought and have him put to sleep. This is so hard. He has been with me for 15 years. I have not slept one night with out him by my side sence he was a kitten and could climb up on to the bed. He even goes camping and on vacation with us. I just do not know what to do. :(

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The antibiotics might be upsetting his tummy; I've taken Clavamox myself, and was nauseous and sick for days!

Also, pain will often stop a cat from eating. If the tooth is really painful, it needs to be removed NOW--if he's not eating, he isn't going to GET any stronger! Maybe a second opinion would be wise.

Good luck!
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I will take him into another vet today. I am going to keep up the force feeding and we will see.

·
Registered
672 Posts
ShellyBear I am so sorry to hear of your loss......at least Charlie is not in pain anymore....I will keep you in my thoughts....

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Omg, what happened? Anyways, I am sooo sorry. It must definitely be hard but just know that your cat is now in kitty heaven happily looking down on you, painfree <<))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts