Cat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
194 Posts
And my cold, dead computers.
If the computers died of something other than disk drive failure, the drives in those dead computers might still be operable, and if that's the case, you still have your pictures.

The box with the red x means the browser can't find the image resource at the URI that's in the code.

·
Banned
194 Posts
so I have a little external hard drive that backs up my main hard drive usually on a daily basis so if my computer fails, I still have all my pics on my external drive.
Unless your house burns down, gets hit by a tornado, somebody steals your computer equipment, you get zapped by lightning, and on and on ....

.... and that's why the big thing in backup today is .....

.... BACKUP ON WEBSITE HOST SERVERS....

ironic, isn't it?

Your backups are actually a lot safer on hosting servers because they're backed up frequently to alternate physical locations, and the data is "spread" around multiple physical storage devices.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Jacquie, I don't see anything except people wondering how to get their pictures back! I have mine on the computer, thank goodness. We were all disappointed, however, when the gallery disappeared. And we did our best to get it back. The mods were as upset as the members, but we had our hopes!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
It's not so much the pictures, but the principal involved. All of the mods continually defended catman like he was the Pope. Thats the part I kinda don't understand.

Did this place start out as some kind of weird cult or something?

·
Banned
194 Posts
It's not so much the pictures, but the principal involved. All of the mods continually defended catman like he was the Pope. Thats the part I kinda don't understand.

Did this place start out as some kind of weird cult or something?
:lol::jump:mrgreen:

That's pretty funny, catnip!!

I see you've been here since darn near the beginning. Would that make you next in line for the papacy? :cool

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
:lol::jump:mrgreen:

That's pretty funny, catnip!!

I see you've been here since darn near the beginning. Would that make you next in line for the papacy? :cool
It was October of 2002, I had a cat dying of cancer and I found this place. I lurked for a while and then became so enraged I had to register.

It was a different place back then :fust

·
Banned
194 Posts
aw geez, that's gotta be a tough thing to go through.

I've had to rehome several cats and losing them was traumatic enough. I don't want to have to go through what you went through.

How was the forum different back then?

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
Let's TRY to stay on topic here. :)

Forum pictures....

·
Super Moderator
8,186 Posts
No, this place was never a cult and no we didn't (or at least I didn't) continually "defend" Catman. There was NOTHING the mods could do about the pictures. All we could do was hope for the best. Frankly, I'm getting real tired of these subtle jabs to the mod team.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
No, this place was never a cult and no we didn't (or at least I didn't) continually "defend" Catman. There was NOTHING the mods could do about the pictures. All we could do was hope for the best. Frankly, I'm getting real tired of these subtle jabs to the mod team.
I apologize and I was wrong in my blanket generalization. I was merely trying to force a show of hands.

I really don't think the "mods" are any different than the rest of us, they just have access to more buttons. :mrgreen:

·
Banned
194 Posts
Is not VerticalScope Inc of Toronto the parent company (as disclosed in the privacy statement and listed as registrant of record for the domain)

·
Administrator
594 Posts
Does anyone know what has happened to the pictures and albums that were posted on "meet my kitty" prior to having to use photo bucket? I had quite a few pictures posted of my cats, and since I don't use photo bucket, I was wondering how I could go about posting recent pictures of them.
Are we going to be able to have access to the photos that we have previously posted? Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Jacquie, aka: cat1963.
Jacquie, is there a link to the thread in question?

·
Banned
194 Posts
Huge, technically speaking, "Meet My Kitty" is a forum, not a thread. Jackie knew what you were talking about, but the admin is a noobie to Cat Forum; you may have confused him. 8O

Yung, I think she means her pictures were posted in that forum; posted in many threads. Is that what you meant, Jackie?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts