Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My vet is pretty sure my 15 yo Balinese male has Pancreatitis. He has stopped eating and drinking, vomiting yellow and diarrhea (mucosy and bloody). He did xrays and nothing showed (no blockages, etc) and the bloodwork was fine. He is very, very tender in the upper abdomen. The vet gave him some fluids and a couple of shots and he is on anti-vomiting pills.

Any ideas on how to get him through this? I read on another site that 50% of acute pancreatitis are fatal. I am not ready to lose Nicholas.

Thanks.

Karen

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Your vet sent you home with that? Some shots and meds? I would try getting a second opinion. And PM the member here named drjean -- she is great. I will say a prayer for your cat and I hope he pulls through. I am not sure what to tell you about what to do for him -- self-diagnosis from a non professional is dangerous. Make him as comfortable as possible -- and try enticing him with wet foods that are smellier to try to get him to eat...that is the only advice I have. Bless him.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Great suggestion with the smellier wet food. I really hope your kitty gets better although I don't know what to tell you to help the situation. It seems very serious and I do hope that you get another vets opinion also b/c sometimes one says one thing and the other has a completely different diagnosis. Good Luck and let us know how your kitty does. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts