Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still pretty new, and have been gone since before Christmas, but I had to post this because my best friend saw it and asked me if I had taken my cat to get a professional picture taken! I laughed and she said it was because it looked like a backdrop. But he's just sitting in a black computer chair. Anyways, here is my handsome man (if I do say so myself)! :D

·
Banned
12,195 Posts
yes! he's a handsome cat all right. do you have a photo-editing program you can run it through to lighten it up? I could try it if you don't.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments! :c) And yeah, I probably do need to call my Oliver somethin different like Ollie-O. :c) I tried to lighten it up in the program I have...here is the edited one. But I can't seem to get this other one (I'll post it second) I have to look good at all. Tim, if you know how or could try it, that would be much appreciated! It looks like it might be a good picture, but wayyy too dark.

·
Banned
12,195 Posts
ooooh, I think that second one is too far gone. I think you did a pretty good job on the first one, I don't think I could do any better. But I'll run it through the software I have and if it comes out any better, I'll post it here in this thread.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for playing with those for me---I definitely like how the second one turned out---that looks like his true colors. Thanks! I think you're right about that other picture, too bad though! And yeah, he does have some really dark, pronounced stripes. I think they are quite handsome too! :c)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I decided to have a quick crack at those photos, and here is the best I could do:

For future reference, it is much better to overexpose than to underexpose. When you lighten a picture that is too dark, you have lost information and there's no way to get it back. That's why it comes out looking so pixelated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts