Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've had it with my old litterbox, its driving my crazy. Its a hooded one with a doorflap that has a grate on the bottom that you lift and sift then throw away the clumps. Sounds good, but the grate gets clogged so much and its like trying to clean cement out of tiny holes, argh!

So today I went and bought the Omega litterbox at Petco, I was irritated with them because they didn't have the large one they have on the web, and the price was $10 more than the price on the web. GRRRR. I still bought it though, the man there was very helpful and suggested I try this one out and if I don't like it I can take it back, if I do like it I can take it back still and just order the large one online. I'll let you know how it works out, I sprayed it with Pam as suggested to keep the clumps from sticking to the bottom so i'm waiting for that to dry then i'm tossing the old one in the trash.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Payge, I noticed you said to spray it with Pam to keep the clumps from sticking....does it really work?? I have the worst problem with that :?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe give me some time! It's only been 4 hours lol. I'll let ya know about it when I clean it tomorrow morning. I took the old one to my Fiance's parents house and sprayed it all off got it good and clean. I'm keeping it in reserve in case this one turns out to suck, also I thought I'd hang onto it and try the Pam with it as well, can never have too many litter boxes.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HOLY CAT CRAP BATMAN! It works! And it works well! I just did as it instructed, rolling it onto its top then rolled back, and pulled out the 'clump drawer' and every single clump was in there, I'm pretty amazed it worked, I had serious doubts about it, i'm ordering a second larger one online right now.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the Large from Petsmart, its $32.99 + shipping and handling, I bought he regular size one from the local Petco for...heh $32.00

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Payge,

Can you please explain how this works. I know you roll it over, but how does only the clumps end up inside the drawer and not big piles of loose litter? I don't understand how this works.

Is there some type of grate inside that flips over when the box gets turned over?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts