Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's girlfriend just called me and someone dropped off a kitten at her mom's work. Guess what? She is bringing it here! I told her to! Help! My hubby IS GOING TO KILL ME!!!! I have a vet appt. tonight to get it checked out and shots. Don't know how old. Anyone need a kitten? I will fly it to you personally. I CAN'T KEEP IT! My hubby will spaz. I should of said no! But what would of happened to it then??? I just guess you guys are rubbing off on me with your rescue stories! I guess I will just have to quit the cat forum! NOT! :D Just kidding everyone! Don't spaz! I will get pictures and more info when it gets here! What have I done!? 8O 8O

·
Super Moderator
26,541 Posts
Now she just has to worry about her own! :D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, there will be no pictures! :D She is 8 weeks old, grey, black and white tabby. Very cute, scared to death. Didn't have her in the exam room 5 min. when a vet tech came in and adopted her! 8O :D She weighed around 2 pounds. That is all I know. Such a cutie! Maybe I will go and get pictures of her. I am going to the work place and looking for more. I will let you know if I find anymore. This was an easy rescue and my hubby won't spaz now, at least until I find her sibblings! She had tar on her feet. She was dirty. Wish me luck, I am out of here!

·
Super Moderator
26,541 Posts
Good luck and bless you! :luv

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, got 2 pictures, need to get them uploaded. Didn't find anymore kittens. Wow, she sure was lucky! This was a MAJOR retail area! Home Depot, Mcdonalds, BJ"S, hotels, gas stations...... Across a busy street was a nice housing development, went driving through, no signs for free kittens, didnt see any kittens at any buisnesses. She was too dirty and young to be someones. I think maybe she and her family were being fed by the buisnesses and she was lucky enough to stumble into Goodyear Tire where my son's mother in law to be, works. I bet mom is feral or a stray. We will keep a look out for more. The vet said she looks in good shape, 1.4 pounds. I would of loved to of kept her but...... I feel good now that I had a rescue and feel like I am in the club now! :lol: Mango's foster mom said it wasn't fair that she got adopted that fast. She said it never happens that way. :D Going to upload the pictures. This may take some time 8O

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here we go. I kept her in a carrier at the vets because she was so scared she would try and take off. She kept meowing and I kept talking to her and giving her blinkies. She even hissed at me! :roll: Poor thing!

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
She looks so beautiful! Malibu has that 'ticking' in her fur, too. Isn't it gorgeous? (I think that is what is called agouti?)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! She was so adorable and she will have a great life with the young vet tech. BUT.. I felt cheated out of loving her a little. She was taken SO fast, lucky she was, but.... :cry: I am sure there will be other ones out there that will need my help!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would love someone for Mango but hubby will not allow it. I would of kept this kitty, but were are moving anyway and will be too busy to care for another right now.

·
Super Moderator
26,541 Posts
She's just completely adorable! Be glad she was taken so fast, it would have only been hard later on, even a day or two. Now she'll have a great life because of you. :D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you. I just couldnt let her be out there. I have rescued baby squirrels and have never said no I couldnt take them. I would never let any kitty go orphaned either. My hubby would have just have to of dealt with it. He probably would of fallen in love with her and she would of been ours. I'm just glad she has a good home.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just talked with the vet tech that adopted my rescued kitty. She is named Ellie and she is just fine. She tested negative for everything. She is eating good, was a little skittish the first few days, but she is getting along well with another kitty the vet tech has and they will be sibblings. She is going to take pictures and I will post them when I get them. What a great rescue!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts