Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heartburn, my nerves are shot, and my fingernails are all chewed off, but OMG..........Green Bay Packers have won the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, I really thought halftime entertainment was terrible this year!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The anthem was something horrendous, too. Which is a pity, because Christina Aguilera is SO talented. :( Ugh. Just awful.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Missed the anthem, I thought the same thing about the halftime show; MANY mistakes.
I thought the game was awesome! I'm glad it was close so it kept everyone's attention. I had a difficult time as it was my two favorite teams playing against each other but I am very glad the Pack won! I've been a Packer's fan for 17yrs and we even have two pair of cheesehead hats that were purchased in Green Bay for us.
I missed almost all of the commercials so I'll have to catch them on YouTube.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
sweet... only thing that could have made better would have been playing dallas..

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
being that the packers are actually owned by the city of green bay, WE may be applied much closer than any other proffesional sports team..

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We? You were playing?
Hugh, my friend, even YOUR smart a** comments cannot ruin this high today!

The Packers are the only non-profit, community-owned major league professional sports team in the United States.
Though I don't own Packer's stock, several of my family members do. I am originally from Green Bay, and have been a huge fan since I can remember. I used to go to every home game in my 20's, thanks to my aunt and uncle, who always gave my cousin and I free tickets! The best part about going to the games you ask........the fans! That same uncle was one of the kids years ago who started the tradition of the players riding on the kids bikes from the practice fields back to the locker room. I WAS one of the geeks who would wait in line for hours on end, to get autographs from my favorite players, and to this day my favorites are my signed Reggie White jersey, and my signed picture of Reggie, with me standing next to him. :p I never gave up on them, even through the bad times, I AM NOT a fair weather fan. :wink I have memories of watching the Packers play as a young child, sitting in the living room of my grandparents house where I grew up. Grandpa would have the tv on watching, but because he hated listening to the tv announcers, we watched on tv, and listened to the game on the radio. I have memories of watching my grandpa share stories about how he used to sneak in to the games, by hopping over the fence "back in the day", and being at the Ice Bowl in 1967, the excitement on his face was PRICELESS! I'll never forget that!!!!!!!

Watching the Packers play has always been a big part of our family, even today. Heck, I even have a couple of chunks of Frozen Tundra in my freezer from years ago when they redid the sod in Lambeau Field. So yes Hugh, WE won the Superbowl last night, and yes, I had tears in my eyes!

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Congrats Packers Fans!!! There just isn't a better football city in the country. Plus, you beat the Ravens' rivals, the Steelers. Awesome.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I'm not a big football fan, but being born and raised in Wisconsin and still having relatives living just north of Green Bay...I'm happy they won. :D Go Pack (and you did it without the help of Favre...you don't need him!!)!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know, right! Both Dave and I said last night, this win, and Aaron Rodgers being Superbowl MVP, must have put just a wee bit more salt in the wound for Brett!

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
I haven't seen many of the commercials yet, but those were my favorites so far!

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
I like the BEP, too. All those technical screw-ups weren't their fault.

The adorable face behind my favorite commercial:

Max is no stranger to the camera — he’s been performing since he was barely able to walk, and is known to soap fans for his recurring role as Reed Hellstrom on the CBS soap opera “The Young and the Restless.” But 100 million Super Bowl viewers is a new galaxy of stardom.
Max’s overnight stardom is all the more remarkable because of his serious health issues. When he was an infant, he was diagnosed with the heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot.

“He had his first surgery when he was 3 months old at Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles,” Jennifer Page explained. “They saved his life and gave him back to us about a week after his first surgery. He had to have a pacemaker put in, so he has maintenance on that. "He’s still routinely at the hospital, but we try to make it fun; we have blankets and bears and we try to make it not so scary.”

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I loved the Black Eye Peas performance though.
I like the BEP, too. All those technical screw-ups weren't their fault.
I am a HUGE BEP fan, so I was excited to see them perform. I loved how they brought Slash in, too. I about fell off the bed when Usher came down from the ceiling, though. I was in heaven! I think the technical guy's pay should be docked. But BEP kept going, despite the difficulties.

The adorable face behind my favorite commercial:

OMG!! He's a cutie pie!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts