Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took a pregnancy test saturday night, and it was positive. i didn't believ it, so i took another one sunday morning. it was positive. i still didn't believe it, so i went to the er[only place open] and they did the blood work and urine test and both were positive. i'm pregnant!! OMG!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Congrats, MOM! (((((big congratulatory hugs))))) :D

Both of my pregnancies were a bit of a surprise. My kids have asked if me if they were "accidents" and I tell them "Of course not! I planned to have you..." (then mutter under my breath: just not quite so soon!) :lol:

Most pregnancies are "surprise presents", in regards to most moms I have talked to. As soon as the shock wears off, you realize "Yes! I DO want to be pregnant!" and "Yes, I PLANNED to have this baby!" :luv Everything happens for a reason! We just may not understand the reason for awhile. :wink:

I am thrilled for you! Keep us posted on the due date and your progress!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx to all :D i will keep ya'll posted. please keep me, us, in your prayers, 'cuz remember i have muscular dystrophy and can't walk.

·
Registered
452 Posts
You will do fine, Kristy...and of course, we will keep both of you in our prayers...Blessing to all!

When is your first ob/gyn appt? Any idea about how far along you are?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have [sucky] medicaid insurance and i called 'cuz i have to go to who they say and they gave me another number who gave me another number and i had to leave a message. the recording says they might call back tomorrow. it's a bunch of crap.

yesturday at the er, the nurse said maybe 5-6 weeks

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm sorry about having to go through the referal thing. Medicaid is a pain in the butt...I've been there.

In regards to how far along you are: a pregnancy is based on the first day of your last menstrual period...not the actual date of conception.

For example, if your last period started on July 11th, you would be exactly 6 weeks pregnant today!

It is strange, I know...you would have actually conceived about 3 weeks later than that, but the "average" pregnancy ends 40 weeks from the first day of your last period. So, you can actually calculate your own due date by using the formula of the date of the beginning of your last period and adding forty weeks. Every woman who has had a baby is rolling her eyes at this point saying "yeah, right...uh-huh...40 weeks" :p

Confusing enough? :lol:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
OMG- CONGRATULATIONS! That is so wonderful, Kristy! :D *HUGS HUGS* That gives ME hope, to hear that you got pregnant with some odds against you. :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your Conception Date is:
(Approximately 2 weeks before your next menstrual period)
You're in your First Trimester (weeks 1-12)
8/7/2005

Your period of greatest risk for birth defects is:
(5 to 10 weeks gestational age) 8/28/2005
to 10/2/2005

Your baby's fetal organ formation begins 8/28/2005

Your baby's major organs have formed: 10/2/2005

Second Trimester (weeks 12-27)
Your risk of miscarriage decreases: 10/16/2005
If your baby is premature, but born after this date,
s/he has a chance to survive: 1/1/2006

Your Third Trimester begins on:
(27 - 40 weeks) 1/29/2006

Your Pregnancy Due Date is:
(40 weeks - full term) 4/30/2006

wow, my b-day is 4/21

·
Registered
452 Posts
This would be day 29, *I think* (I suck at math). :D
There are some great books available (I'm sorry, I don't know exactly what they are...some younger moms might) that actually have pics of what your baby looks like every day, as well as what is developing (i.e. on day *such and such* the baby is approximately the size of a raisin and *whatever body part* is visible! They change soooo fast in the first 12 weeks...this may even be available online. I will look around and see if I can find anything.
I remember watching a video called "The Miracle of Life" in 1990, when I had just conceived my second child. I wanted to show my then 3 year old what was happening inside "mommy's tummy" (she couldn't have cared less, but I liked it) :) It is sometimes shown (or used to be) on PBS and may still be available at video stores or libraries.

I read "What to Expect when you are Expecting". It is a great book, but not nearly as detailed as the stuff they have out today.

So, you are almost one month along! Yay! Any symptoms yet? Nausea? Fatigue? Some women developed darkening of the areola (the nipple and surrounding pink/brown area), as well as more visible veins in the breasts. I developed a darkening of the veins from the corner of my mouth to my chin, and later on, a browinsh line from the belly button to the pubic area. You will also notice that your breasts are more tender and may be fuller...even this early on! (I loved this part...wish I could have kept it :wink: )

I will look around for links to send to you...it is an exciting time and I loved knowing how my baby was changing and how my body was changing in response.

I am soooo excited for you! Yipppppppeeeeeee! :yellbounce

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my breasts are so tender now. they wasn't earlier today. theyre a little dark. nausea between morning and mid afternoon. i can't sleep :( saturday from 6am to 10am & sunday 2am to 9am, so i'm pretty tired. i can only have benadryl, the nurse said.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My youngest daughter was born 4/27! Taurus...bull-headed, but strong and sensitive to the needs of others.

I really don't know anything about "signs"...I am just being a bit "silly" but the Taurean description fits her pretty well. LOL! BTW...her due date was 4/30! :wink:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts