Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any experience dealing with tigerdirect.com or dealyard.com? They have good prices, especially tigerdirect.com, but I've read some nightmare stories about both places, too.

I'm just looking on a good deal for an electric blanket, my Sunbeam died.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
My husband has gotten quite a few computer related items (maybe even a laptop, or two, from Tigerdirect and I don't recall him complaining about anything. I will ask him later for sure, but I think they would be a safe place to buy from.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I purchased my netbook from TigerDirect.ca last year. I had no problems, it arrived in about a week.

I'm a very avid online shopper. I bought all but 1 Christmas present online this year (ebay, Amazon, direct company websites). It's very convenient :)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Me and my dad bought our last desktops from Tigerdirect, and didn't have any problems. A'course, that was 5+ years go, so I dunno if my info is any good as it's outdated LOL

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
I bought most of the components for my last 3 computers for Tigerdirect and have never had a problem, I've also bought computer stuff from Newegg.com.

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great! Thanks!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've purchased from tigerdirect and from newegg with no trouble. I've heard stories about fraudulent charges on credit cards, but never saw it happen with my purchases.

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had one experience with Tigerdirect, and it was unpleasant.
Most of the complaints I saw are about customer service and returns.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I purchased a bundled external hard drive and case. They advertised the bundle. The two did not work together. According to both manufactures, case and hard drive, the two were know to be fundamentally and irrecoverably incompatible. TigerDirect's response was basically "Tough ****."

You only get to do that to me once :)

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All the nightmare stories I read were about electronics. I'm hoping buying an electric blanket will be safe, but I haven't decided if it's worth it yet. $29 for a full-size is kind of hard to beat, though.

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got my blanket - LOVE IT!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts