Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a vet appointment tonight as soon as I’m done work I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before? She is acting normal right now eating and drinking fine. Molly is around 8-9 years old when I got her I was told that she has issues with URI’s but she hasn’t had one since I’ve owned her (over 2 years now)
Her eyes are normally green but her left eye is almost a rusty colour now it only happened in the last few days. I’ll add a pic tonight after I go to the vet.
Thanks for any help I’m really worried about her

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
My own eye turned red once (the sclera, not the iris) when I was ill and the blood vessels burst in my eye. I would assume that if your cat's normally green eye has turned brown, there is (or has recently been) bleeding somewhere in that eye, as well. I'm not sure what the dilated pupil might mean, but it's a very good thing that you'll be getting her to the vet tonight.

Laurie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the actual iris that’s dark it doesn’t look swollen and she doesn’t seem uncomfortable either she's acting completely normal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I hold something in front of her she looks at it with both eyes but I have not covered the normal eye though. In bright light both pupils go smaller but the dark eyes pupil is still larger..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

..if anyone is out there?

I took her to the vet on Weds and I'm going back tomorrow. The vet things that it may be caused by FIV feline leukemia or even glaucoma. There is also a small chance that its some sort of infection. She is being treated with antibiotics at the moment in hopes that it will help..but I will find out more tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Is there any way that you can get her to a veterinary ophthalmologist at a university vet school clinic? I would think that's your best bet of acquiring an accurate diagnosis and, hopefully, an effective treatment.

Laurie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.