Cat Forum banner

one minute she's sweet, next minute she's biting me. Help!!

999 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JeannieNShiva 
#1 ·
Hello all - My dear kitty, Sammi, who's 2 years 7 mos. (domestic short-hair, gray and white) is turning into a real devil lately. :evil: She pounces on me for no apparent reason. It's not playful either. And she bites hard enough to draw blood - I have all these little bite marks on my legs! When she's mellow, she's nothing but sweet and purring. But I've noticed lately when I'm ready to get into the shower, she gets this wide-eyed look :shock: on her face and starts chasing me and trying to bite me. She whimpers right before she starts running after me. I loudly tell her no, and sometimes I'll meow like a cat or hiss back at her to get her to stop. It doesn't work. Sometimes I get so frustrated I have to give her a time-out and put her in the bedroom or something but it still continues. Sometimes she does it just randomly, like when I'm doing a workout tape! I don't think it's because she's craving attention because when she gets that look on her face, I try to pet her and she gets even more spastic. :x I recently moved to another state and brought her along with me, but I don't think that is the problem. Her appetite is fine and nothing else seems to be wrong with her except for this. Does anyone have an explanation for my cat's behavior?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.