Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wuh-oh... I entered this same contest a few years ago... uhm... it's kind of a scam... if your picture is so great and all that, why do you need to keep sending in oodles and oodles of money? As soon as you stop sending the money, you won't progress anymore.

They did an article in the paper about a year later, on the same people who helpd this picture contest, as well as one who had a poetry contest. They took a blind lady and told her to snap a roll of pictures. She got the same generic responses that her pictures were beautiful and well thought out and she'd made it to the semi finals. They took a monkey, had him pic words out of a hat, and sent it is as a poem. Same response.

Just letting you know. I mean, i was super excited to have my picture in the book, but i thought it was silly to pay so much money, then felt really bad after i read that article.

Congrats anyway though, that is a cute picture ;)

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you had to pay, definitely a scam... :(

Edit: I did check with the Better Business Bureau and they do have a satisfactory record and have been a member since '97.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i havn't had to pay a cent. The book is expensive though. And she is already being published in it, without me buying it. I agree we thought it is partly a scam too, but i havn't paid anything and yet she is in a book.

IDK...

·
Registered
983 Posts
congrats! :p

Will you buy the book? :p What is it about - just pictures of cats? I know we had a calendar on our car site that was sold with lots of pictures of member's cars. So of course, everybody who donated pics was going to get a calendar. The profit from that kind of operation is per-book -- just something to think about :p

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IDk, if i am going to buy it or not.. I havn't figured out if it is a scam....

It;s a book of different pictures submitted into this company. Which is another reason IDK, i would love to have a cool Coffee table book, but i would prefer it to be all cats....

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's great if you didn't have to send any money! I remember to start off it was free, but hten all of a sudden to cover costs, it was 20$... then 25$... then 30$... and i'm like, uh huh... so i never went past a semi finalist, but i still got the book anyway.

It is expensive, but well worth it. It does make and excellent coffe table book, and there really are lots of nice pictures in it. Mine even had a professional photograph of Sylvester Stallone in it! It was really bizarre to see :D

And Doeremi... is there a website where you can contact the Better Business Bureau? I'm doing a school project and need to contact them. THanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts