Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I had been gone on vacation for a week. I've never left my cats for that long, but I knew they were in good hands with my parents. I called every other day to check on them and my mom was saying how Elly had basically moved herself in. She was playing with the other cats and the dog, using their litter boxes and generally just hanging around the house with the fam. (They had already been there for a week with me before I left.)

Punky on the other hand, stayed upstairs and never once came down. The computer is up here so my sister was around her on a daily basis to spend time with her. I just felt bad for her.

Last night when I got in, I sat down in the front room with my parents for about an hour talking to them about my trip. I stopped at the bottom of the steps when I was talking to them for some reason and that's when I heard a whole slew of "MROW!"s. Those of you who have Siamese cats know what it's like to be 'scolded' by them. :lol:

When I came up to see her she was so excited, it just really made me happy. Don't get me wrong, I love Elly as much as Punky, but Punky and I have a special bond. I don't know if it's because she was a rescue or what. Last night when I went to bed she was a giant purring fluffball, she acted the same way she did the first night when I brought her home from the shelter.

I know it's a bit of a corny post, but I thought I'd share it with people who I think understand the situation. :)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Aww, I know exactly what you mean! It sounds like Punky has picked you out as "her" human. I think it's very sweet that you two have that bond, and it's nice of you to admit it, too. :wink:

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
No, it's not a corny post at all, Rob! You love each other, and she didn't understand why you hadn't been home. When I was in the hospital, I kept thinking that my babies must have thought I had abandoned them. They were a bit cool for a little while after I came home; I think they were confused. But after a while, I got lots and lots of kitty loves! :) What would we do without them?

·
Registered
697 Posts
This forum is the best place to express such feelings for our beloved furballs - so no...not corny at all. I feel the same way where my furballs just tug at my heart because they have their way of showing us love back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts