Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to post pics of her. Sorry this is the only one, this computer is terribly slow, it's not mine but its the only one with pics of her on it. I'll try to get more of her up when I can. :)

She ran away a few weeks ago and we think shes pregnant. 8O She was gone about 2 weeks and she's been back 4 or 5. I never had kittens before so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
505 Posts
she's adoreable!

as for the kittens and being pregnant, make sure you keep her indoors, and feed her a high protein food, such as food formulated for kittens. otherwise, there's nothing more you can do. give her a nice comfy bed, maybe one of those igloos that's got a dome on top so she feels secure. when she's going into labor, she will look for a dark, secluded place. just keep an eye on her until she settles down (she might lie down a lot, then get back up and pace restlessly and lick herself a lot) you may have to help her with the birthing process. when my cat lilly had her kittens, the first one was breech (came out tail first) and we had to pull on his one little foot to get him out (he was a BIG kitten too) after that they all came out easy except the last one which died. we just gave her a box with some blankets in the bottom and left her alone to be a good mommy. make sure she has some luke-warm water nearby too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! I'm so nervous, we just now realized she may be pregnant when I picked her up and she was heavier than normal. Then we did a little research and realized she is showing every sign of pregnancy. We're going to call the vet tomorrow and see what's what. Thanks again for the advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts