Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after much searching and even more driving, I found a small meat market that sold cornish game hens. I quickly picked one up and brought it home for my little loves. I cut off the wings warmed them up in tepid water and gave them each one... whole.

THEY.....LOVED......IT!!!!!! Ate every last peice! I am so excited about this! I was so worried about how they were going to get there bone, now I dont have to worry! As for everything else they are doing swimingly! We have already seen huge improvements in their waste. The smell is almost non-existent. Our little girl is already gaining some weight, which was much needed. Their coats seem softer and shinier! Every day I get more and more excited about raw feeding.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still keeping those fingers crossed for you RSR. Rowdy is still not sure of liver, so I pureed it and it seemed to help. Keep at it I am sure your brood will pick it up!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thank you, I will surely keep at it! Please keep updating on your progress and what's working/not working for you! Maybe some of those tips and tricks will work for us, too!

·
Banned
2,748 Posts
They each got a WHOLE one? WOW. That is a LOT. I give mine 1/2 a quail each or 1/4 CGH. Even if these were small, 1/2 is probably plenty. I recommend that you weigh them to get a better idea of how much food it is.

But anyway. . . YAY!!! GO KITTIES!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ hoofmaiden

sorry for the confusion... they each got one whole wing... not the whole kit-n-caboodle :) I dont think I could even eat a whole CGH...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts