Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I noticed my cat had something wrong with its like its inner eyelid was stuck it went away then today i noticed that he had one pupil bigger than the other what could be wrong?

He acts completly normal and doesnt show any signs of being sick at all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is the difference permanent? did you try too look at his eyes in light and dark environments? If the eyes still look different - I would take him to the vet. Sorry I don't have more information... :(
Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Please take your cat to the vet ASAP. The bigger pupil means that the eye is not responding to light - cannot see. Since you mentioned that the third eyelid was up the other day, hopefully this is just an injury. I hate to be an alarmist, but usually it's a bad bad thing. Here's a thread to a similar question: Eye not dilating

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They both react to light the one that had the inner lid stuck is always smaller

He may also have had/have a cold he seems to be sneezing a bit

It could be an injury to because we have a crazy bengal running around the house that just loves to use his claws againt other cats

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Would another recommendation to see a vet be overkill? One evening two years ago or so I noticed that Sabby's third eyelid on one eye was closed even though his eyes were wide open. I rushed him to the emergency vet who checked for scratches and gave me some ointment to use. He was fine, but I don't like to take chances when it comes to eyesight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts