Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cats coming under the blankets to snuggle! It's officially winter here in Australia in a few days and the humans in our unit aren't the only ones feeling the cold.

Here's a pic of Sammy and I in bed yesterday morning:

And this one is Meeka on my chest last night, we were watching TV & had the blanket over us while on the lounge.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Awww!!! That's so sweet! It's always nice to have a kitty under the blankets (except when the cat comes in during the night when you're asleep, creeps under the covers without you realising then licks your leg and you freak out! This seems to happen to me a lot :) )

·
Super Moderator
26,810 Posts
Cute pictures! I love winter, too.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sumo slept with is in bed every night, all seasons. He would sleep under the blankets and cuddle up, then he would move down and sleep between my legs all night. Made it very uncomfortable for me, but I never once moved him.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Better you than me! Sorry but I dislike the "COLD" part of winter.. love the snow and how pretty it is.. but here in MN we see our fair share of -20F and its not fun.. at that point its time to pile all the kids and kitties under the blanket and drink some hot chocolate.

I cant imagine it gets that cold in Australia though, but since you and your kitty are used to the climate you would feel the change, kittys need a warm snuggle too :wink

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Awww it's so cute when they do that. My previous kitty always would jump onto my bed and get under the covers with me. I loved hearing her purrs. But my current two cats never do that and I miss it. The only thing my oldest will do is sleep by my feet or legs. She keeps me warm when she sleeps close to me. It's like having a little heating pad. lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cute. How cold is it really? (My son leaves for AU on Friday - I'm a little nervous...)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cute. How cold is it really? (My son leaves for AU on Friday - I'm a little nervous...)
Its nowhere near as cold as you guys are used to! As Morquinn mentioned, we just feel the change. Today in Sydney its about 16°C. not too cold. Where abouts in oz is your din going? The weather will be slightly different everywhere but where I live, we don't even get snow - ever!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts