Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would 10,000 people stoically endure the pouring rain to watch Lesley Garrett perform Last Night of the Proms.

I got soaked, I now have a cold and it was worth it - fabulous!!

Gotta love that blitz spirit :)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Yep for sure. On Sunday there was a thing called Gig on the Green- pretty self explanatory. Everyone was soaked, but still turned up.

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
Torrential thunderstorm at the Springsteen concert Saturday night...50,000 people at that one. He didn't get on stage till 9:20 because according to him 'the plane was dodging lightning bolts for an hour and a half". Yup, we were all soaked. Oh...no umbrellas allowed. Got rewarded for being diehards with a 3 hour show and several songs that he rarely plays.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I once went to an Iron Age fair in the pouring rain.
We stood and watched a re-enactment group re-create an Iron Age battle. Or rather it was a skirmish with a few soaking wet blokes.
Then we shuffled round various damp tents and watched demonstrations of weaving etc by middled aged women in full Iron Age garb, spoiled only by their 21st century glasses (slightly misted up from the rain)
I thought at the time it was a pretty English thing to do.

seashell

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
hehehe. Does sound awesome Stephie.

I've played in similar concerts, with us under cover, but it was still freezing.
The audience aquire a certain attitude of "we're in this together".

I've even done one concert where the orchestra weren't under cover. That lasted 5 minutes, and we had to postpone it obviously. Water will destroy most instruments pretty quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts