Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear knucklehead drivers of NJ

Please learn how to merge onto a highway. It's very simple, if you can take it speed up, if not, hang back. Do not I repeat do not ride out the merge lane until it the lane ends.

Dear left arthritic hip

Please stop giving me so much pain. You are now so bad I'm limping and it doesn't look good in heels. Furthermore since you are not allowing me to sleep on my left side, my right shoulder and arm now hurts from the constant pressure.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Dear knucklehead drivers of NJ

Please learn how to merge onto a highway. It's very simple, if you can take it speed up, if not, hang back. Do not I repeat do not ride out the merge lane until it the lane ends.
Are you talking about the people who ride out the lane and then STOP at the end of it?

They are the WORST. Almost as bad as the people who stop at the beginning of a merge lane when they have a BEAUTIFUL 1/8th of a mile stretch from which to merge.

What I really HATE is when people dart across 2+ lanes from the merge lane to the far left lane WITHOUT signaling or merging one lane at a time.

Sorry about your hip.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the people who ride out the lane and then STOP at the end of it?

They are the WORST. Almost as bad as the people who stop at the beginning of a merge lane when they have a BEAUTIFUL 1/8th of a mile stretch from which to merge.

That is exactly what I mean. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
26,491 Posts
Here's a P.S. for your letter

P.S. I understand if you don't feel the need for speed, but if you don't, could you please stay the **** out of the fast lane?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
As an LA resident, my open letter to other drivers would be far far too long. I make an effort to drive as little as possible for this reason.

·
Super Moderator
26,491 Posts
I've never driven to or in L.A. and never will. Ever.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
As an LA resident, my open letter to other drivers would be far far too long. I make an effort to drive as little as possible for this reason.
I don't drive into DC if I can help it for the same reason. I would have to say people around here are "agressively stupid drivers".

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Grr, don't even get me started about the people on the Madison belt line during the after work rush time. Talking on their cell phones, changing lanes without signaling, refusing to let people even have a chance to merge... I try never to drive between 4-6 PM but there are days when I'm coming home from work or from classes and it cannot be helped.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
What I really HATE is when people dart across 2+ lanes from the merge lane to the far left lane WITHOUT signaling or merging one lane at a time.
Someone almost ran into my state car this morning doing exactly what you just described. Upon closer inspection, I saw that she had a bumper sticker that said "Trashy Girl," and her license plate said "Trashy." lol

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Dear left arthritic hip

Please stop giving me so much pain. You are now so bad I'm limping and it doesn't look good in heels.
LOL! Maybe the arthritic hip is from the high heels! LOL! :p

I've been taking the back roads to town as much as I can the last few months, and have been avoiding the highway. Three times now, someone has passed me without fully merging over into the fast lane. Their tires are still in my lane. It scares the CRAP out of me!!!! One of them was an older man, not paying attention, and I nearly ran off the road that time to avoid being hit by him. He was that far into my lane!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And another comment. Dear everlovin husband, if you keep up the snoring I will either move to another room or suffocate you with your own pillow. Your choice.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Number 1 on this list used to be my route to and from work every day: America's 24 Worst Highway Bottlenecks — Infoplease.com

I am so very very glad I work from home most days now. I'm not really sure what's worse...when traffic is actually moving but people are driving like maniacs, or when traffic is going 6 mph the entire way. :(
When is the 405 ever not congested?? And don't even think about taking it down to San Diego. It once took us four hours to get to San Diego, when it's only (in theory, anyway) a two hour drive. We ended up having to back track to the 55, head east, then took the 15. Wasted time. Ugh!!

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
I don't drive into DC if I can help it for the same reason. I would have to say people around here are "agressively stupid drivers".
Ha! The thing about DC is that it's a very hard city to drive in with circles, one-way streets, funny exits, and the confusion of having an M Street NW, an M Street SW, an M Street SE, all of which are different streets and don't connect. The only reason I'm a good driver in DC is because I've made every mistake it's possible to make, some many times, and finally you get it right.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
And another comment. Dear everlovin husband, if you keep up the snoring I will either move to another room or suffocate you with your own pillow. Your choice.
Ear. Plugs. Best thing ever invented when sleeping with a snoring husband.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts