Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw Buddha aka "Boots" out again last night becasue he's freightened Fay away from using the litter box. I saw him chase her out of the box several times and she's dropped 3 piles on the fuzzy bath mat, one on the pool deck and one on the carpet in a back bedroom over the last few days. Yes, I have 3 boxes all in different rooms.

Fay also took to hiding under the bed, on a shelf behind some boxes and has been having diarrhea and screaming at the front door because she wants to run away. When she goes out to the pool she hides at the far end in the corner rather than sitting on or in the kitty cabanas

She's lost 3/4 lb since June and is chewing madly at her haunches so I took her to the Vet. I told my vet the situation and Fay gave her a steroid shot because she chews at herself every spring and fall, alergies. She also convinced me to try Budha on Prozac. I'll be thrilled if it works but in the meantime I'm building up sheltered areas on the back decks outside my pool cages in case Mr B does have to move out. He was harassing litte Mia in the middle of the night again on Monday night

Now I have to convince Fay it's safe to use the litter Box while Buddha is velcro screened into a back room and becomming medicated.

I am Nurse Ratched

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh My Bunny. Boots just inhaled his first Prozac in a Greenie without noticing it. At least I'm not gonna be in cat pill ****.

He's crying from the back bedroom I have him in now. The one I velcroed a screen door to. I'm gonna leave him "doing time" until after his second pill tomorrow night. That'll give the girls a peaceful night. He's not a bad guy he's just bossy, confirmed by my Vet becasue his ears don't go back when he's pushing the girls around.

Mia will probably be over there playing pawsies under the screen and screaming for his release. He never really hurts her, he just overwhelms her.

Bunny, he sounds like a little Dolphin squeeking back there.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Ummmm, didn't they tell you that Prozac takes 4-6 weeks to reach its effective levels? And I am being serious.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ummmm, didn't they tell you that Prozac takes 4-6 weeks to reach its effective levels? And I am being serious.
My Vet said it'll have an immediate impact on a cat and from what I can see it has. He's been very sedate since his first pill last night. And his appetite is gone. I spoke to my vet this morning and we may reduce his dose. The plan is to keep him on Prozak long enough to break the behavior pattern he and Fay are having. Based on what happened with Fay and Mia I think that'll work.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fay has come out of the bathroom and is bathing looking very relaxed on the floor about 6 feet from where Mr B is snoozing in a chair.

It'd be so nice to go back to the kitty peaceful house I had before he came in on New Years day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts