Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I’m looking for some advice on how to treat my cat. Last month I noticed her drooling quite a bit, thinking it was a tooth issue I took her in to be examined. After looking it was found she had quite a large tumor under her tongue. We had a biopsy and it came back positive for squamous cell carcinoma.

My vet gave her 3-6mths, he prescribed her an anti inflammatory and some antibiotics. Even though the cost is quite a bit I haven’t seen much improvement from the drugs. She still has a very good appetite. We give her wet food. She started to bleed while eating so we mush up the food and stir some milk in and that seems to help.

She’s having a hard time grooming herself. I’m guessing she’s bleeding while she grooms as her white paws are dirty. She’s starting to smell quite a bit now and I’ve been wiping her with grooming wipes to help. She’s constantly drooling and loves to cuddle still, we usually have a blanket on our lap just in case.

It’s hard to know when the right time will be to let her go because she’s still eating and is still loving attention. I’m just looking for some insight to see how others handled the disease. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
As long as she is happy, still eating, loving the attention, I would continue as you are, especially grooming and using the wipes every day. When she starts to withdraw and show signs of stress, or stops eating and is unhappy with what is happening to her, then it's time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.