Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm concerned about this. My cat follows me everywhere, then stealthily plops himself down RIGHT behind me. I stepped on him by accident tonight...nothing bad but enough to give a yell.

Anything I can do to curb this habit? Normally I love when he hangs around, but jeez...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Chris, I've been trying to figure this one out myself. My cat Mitzi, will do the same thing and no matter how many times she's been stepped on she keeps comming back. :?

·
Registered
43 Posts
At least he doesn't plop down right in front of you. Jupiter seem to know right were I'm about to put my foot and a split second before I put my food down, she throws herself right there. What's really bad is when I'm going down the stairs.

-Chelle

·
Banned
410 Posts
My cats do this too because they think they are going to get treats. It is hard to get down the stairs in the morning because they are racing to the kitchen. I've stepped on them too many times to count--but they keep coming back for more. I feel so bad when I walk on them--why don't they learn???!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Silly Humans!
Remember the days when you could just walk around the corner in the house while reading or being otherwise distracted & not have to worry about tripping over the cat? Well, those days are gone...unless kitty is spending 10-15 minutes in "lockdown"; put in the bathroom (his den,anyway, so there's not too much punishment in that) for jumping up on the kitchen counter.

Nowadays, I never make any sudden movements in the kitchen without first looking to see who's lounging at my feet. Whose fault would it be if I didn't , & I tripped :eek: !
W.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems I'm not the only one with this problem. It's just like motorcycling though...it just takes *one* time to really mess things up. Hmm.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's usuall my wee ginger lad Spike that like to plonk himself right where I'm about to step/sit/reach. I've seen myself having to strech my leg tha t little bit further than is natural to avoid squishing him. The worst is when he keeps moving with my foot... I'm sure I'll be able to do the splits very soon! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts