Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wanting to make sure which of the following organ meats are ok to feed the kitties and count in the 5% of organ other than liver. This is what is available to me at the Asian market. I tried kidney and neither I nor my kitties enjoyed the experience.

Pork stomach, pork intestine, pork melts?, pork tongue, pork brain.

Thanks!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think pork tongue would be considered muscle meat, not organ (my cats both love tongue by the way - but I really hate handling it, so they don't get it often).

Some quick googling tells me that pork melts are actually pork spleen? Someone correct me if that's wrong, but if it is spleen then that would count as an organ. I think brain would also be considered an organ.

I'm actually not sure about stomach or intestines.

I use mostly kidney for the other 5% organ, or sometimes spleen. Organ meat took both my cats a while to get used to (I think it must have a pretty strong taste to go with the strong smell), but these days they like kidney a lot. Unfortunately I still find it pretty gross, but thankfully it's not for me to eat :p

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you :) i will try the spleen next time i get there. glad to know your cats eventually accepted the kidney. i still have a huge bag of green tripe in my freezer that no one wants to touch lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts