Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been reading a lot on making raw food, and a lot of people linked to catnutrition.org.
The writer of the site says that she likes to use free range chicken, but at least in the US, free range just means chickens have some access to the outdoors, but they can legally spend most or all of their day in cages. Organic chicken seems to be just labeled as antibiotic and hormone free. I don't really know much about regular chicken. Even though I'm not vegetarian, I don't buy enough meat on a regular basis to know much about it and how 'good' or 'bad' it may be for my cat.

I'm thinking I'll just find the cheapest anti-biotic and hormone free chicken when I buy chicken and just add the kelp and dulse to the food.

What would you recommend?

·
Banned
951 Posts
wolfybrie said:
...I'm thinking I'll just find the cheapest anti-biotic and hormone free chicken when I buy chicken and just add the kelp and dulse to the food. What would you recommend?
This is exactly what I do, except I feed no supplements (since I use Frankenprey methodology, not ground).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I might try the frankenprey eventually, but he's already very picky. The only non-cat food thing he touches is feta cheese. He did sniff the chicken in the bag when I brought it home, so hopefully he's interested in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts