Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some short stories about Orion from the first week.

Before we got Orion I was on the phone to the breeder and she said that he was a talker and boy was she right. My little munchkin likes to chat, if he knows people are home but cannot see them he will call out to us. We normally just chat back to us until he finds us and then he is all good. He does not chat much when he is with us, unless we are playing and he getting annoyed at us for teasing him.

But I have noticed that he has this habit of being very vocal before he goes to the littler box and then after he finishes. I just assume its him wanting to tell me what a good boy he is. Does anyone else cat do something like that?

Also considering how tiny he is, he loves to follow us about the house, especially when he is in a playful mood, but every so often, when we dont see him, he ends up tripping us. He is not seemed any worse off for it, but when my husband did it for the first time he freaked out. Straight away he pick up Orion and hugs him, I wish I had my camera cause they looked so cute together!

Also, the other day when I picked up Orion I was thinking that he weight was just nothing, like a feather. So being curious I took him to the kitchen and put him in the kitchen scales, the weight was 1.1kg!

My husband loves to play with Orion and was telling me that Orion would 'fetch' his toy. I did not believe him, but then the next day when we were all playing I was teased Orion and put his toy on top of the scratching post, he climbed up and got the toy in his mouth and then brought it back to me. He has done this regularly now … I did not think cat’s or at least munchkins were meant to play fetch!

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
My Siamese, Precious, was the first cat who ever played fetch with me. I knew my cats would talk a lot, because, believe it or not, part of the reason I got Siamese cats was because of their "conversations." I had a black cat with all of the characteristics of a Siamese. She was a rescue, and the minute I heard her cry, I knew what part of her ancestry was! When she died, I missed that voice, the intelligence, and the personality.

You'll be happy with you new baby, I feel sure. You have one of the most intelligent and loving cats you could possibly have. :)

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
The first cat of our marriage, Inky(rb), would fetch a specific toy. Toby(rb) would drag strings to us and meow at us to drag them for him. LuckyDuck will fetch some toys, he LOVES for you to toss them over his head so he can leap up and snatch them out of the air.

LD also talks going into the litterbox, while using the litterbox and after he leaves the litterbox. He is the only cat I've ever heard do this, besides your own... LuckyDuck makes these tiny little high-pitched meow-cries, I feel it is like he is muttering to himself:
"It's okay everyone, I'm just about to go into the litterbox, I've got to scratch me a hole. Well, this one isn't right so I'll scratch a different one over here. Ah, just right. Now I'm going to poo a stinky-poo. No one be alarmed, I know it is stinky, but I'll get it covered straight away. Okay, now it is covered. Do I need to go pee? If so, I'll scratch another hole and go. All done! Now I'm leaving the litterbox. All my business is done and buried. Resume your normal activities, nothing to see here."

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heidi n Q said:
I feel it is like he is muttering to himself:
"It's okay everyone, I'm just about to go into the litterbox, I've got to scratch me a hole. Well, this one isn't right so I'll scratch a different one over here. Ah, just right. Now I'm going to poo a stinky-poo. No one be alarmed, I know it is stinky, but I'll get it covered straight away. Okay, now it is covered. Do I need to go pee? If so, I'll scratch another hole and go. All done! Now I'm leaving the litterbox. All my business is done and buried. Resume your normal activities, nothing to see here."
lol that is what I imaging Orion is saying when he goes! It is very funny to listen to them talk like that. :D

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
That is soo cute when they talk to you, or themselves! :D
Arianwen isn't very vocal unless I'm with her, then she'll talk to me. :luv I'm slowly learning a little of her catese dialect.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
That's so funny about Orion talking before and after using the litterbox. Murphy does that too! He makes a loud sort of "cry" both before and after. I love that -- "Resume your normal activities."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts