Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, two years ago we had a female cat (Penelope - in siggy) that had an odd colour change to her right eye. A slight orange/rusting. First vet said she was fine, but if she started to act odd at all to bring her back.. a week later, she started to hide under the cat trees and so we took her back. Massive tumour in her stomach (should have caught it a week previous - we were very angry). Anyways, she made it another few weeks on pred, but we had to euth. :( She was only 6, we had adopted her at age 4.

The other night we noticed our 5 year old Elliot has the same discolouration, same eye. So we're dealing with either FIP or cancer again, as per the vet. He doesn't do well in stressful situations, so the vet visits will be kept to a minimum.

Anyways, my real question is this: any other rawfed kitties have this eye rusting? I wonder if this is common to rawfed cats vs commercial fed cats as a symptom before the bigbad starts? I just thought it odd that two of our cats should have pretty much the same issue... Elliot was a VERY sickly kitten, I had to syringe feed him for two weeks when he stopped eating at 5wks old (taken from his mother @ 4wks and starved). He's semi-feral and was dealing with allergy issues to our birds (we had to rehome).

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do understand! Thanks for the response, we figured maybe it might also just be my being super attentive to these kind of things. I guess I kinda just wonder why TWO of our cats have the same symptom.. very weird.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts