Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started locking one cat in the bathroom when we're not around because he pees everywhere. This is an ongoing battle...part behavioral/part UTI issue. He is also a stressed out little freak of a cat. He seems to be doing much better with seclusion. More calm, uses the litter box, his coat even feels better. Go figure. Well, now the other cats hiss at him when I let him out into the house. Sometimes they even go so far as to swat at him. They all got along just fine before I started this. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
If the other cat has been secluded it may be the others have forgotten his scent, in that they dont recognise him anymore. Cats are more scent based on recognision, rather than sight.

It may be you need to start re-introducing them again, but be careful not to stress the cat out that you start to have problems again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how quickly the mind forgets

I get what your saying, but darnit, they started this after the first nite of seclusion. Are they really that forgetful? Oh well, he's the only boy, i guess my others are just a bunch of spoiled divas. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts