Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im exhausted ..... i have always had a shadow , Monty my boxer doesnt let me out of his sight, Snoopy my sun conure also has to do everything with me .. so I have become used to having a bird and a dog with me ALL DAY.

Blue the cat who once upon a time was a feral has now become a shadow .. she is so bad i have to sit with hre otherwise she wont eat .....if i stand still she lies on my feet , when im at the pc she rolls around the keyboard ..if I sit she is on my lap. If she loses me she wails pitifully and i call her and she comes running.

This is the same cat that 11 months ago was totally totally wild .

Her sister spookie hid all day today behind the couch.... by about 3pm she was on my desk .. now she is following me around.

Houdini is only coming in in the evening at the moment , but I know she is going to get tired of her own company and join the rest of the gang.

Im never going to get over how such wild cats have settled down , never :lol: , and im probably going to discuss it over and over and over again.

Poor Blue of course had to meet snoopy, my bantams and the geese... snoopy bit her, and the chickens and geese chased her.

Lesson No 1 for a house cat .. leave the birds alone.

Monty is delighted ...all these extra cats to slobber in the morning :lol: Miki I just have to keep an eye on .. she likes a bit of a chase in the morning .. but she listens so I just watch her ....

But its very tiring spending my day been followed by two cats, a boxer and a sun conure.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok Houdini has stopped hiding and is curled up on the couch :lol:

It took them two days :heart

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sometimes I think it is the ferals that attach the closest when they do. I think they are just so thankful. My Simon who died was a stray and so afraid he would run if you came close to him. It took me a couple of months of feeding him before I could even touch him. From there a couple of months before he'd sit next to me outside. Long story short..for the last 5 years of his life he was an indoor cat who shadowed me. I used to sing "Me and my shadow" quite often while walking around the house. If I sat - he was in my lap. Enjoy it while you can, their lives are just too short. When Simon died the worst part was sitting down at night to watch TV and not have him immediately jump in my lap and lay down. Sounds like you have an awesome fur and feather family.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This crew will lead long lives im sure , I have had them since they were about 5 months old .... I had another little feral that died, he was a pitiful little baby :cry:

But this lot hopefully have had good food for a while, I have had them checked at the vet , they are all spayed ....

Its really touched me very deeply these cats ...... :)

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
In the 30+ years i've been owned by various kitties, it's always been the former ferals or rescues that bonded the closest to me.
They seem to remember where they came from, and are truly grateful for a loving home. :luv

You have quite a diverse crew following you around! :D

·
Registered
903 Posts
My ex-ferals are the same way. I have four shadows. :)

But the mental picture of you being followed around by a multispecies household of animals is just too funny! :D Just wait until the geese and monkey start joining in. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
26,359 Posts
Jet Green said:
Just wait until the geese and monkey start joining in. :lol:

The monkey?????

:yellbounce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts