Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what other pets people have in addition to our cats. My husband and I have a saltwater aquarium with 4 fish, some crabs and snails and some corals. It is a lot more work than a cat, I can tell you that. Very beautiful and a lot of fun though.
:D

·
Registered
757 Posts
Living with me are my two dogs and cockatiel as well as two fish tanks filled with colorful fish. I've always wanted a saltwater aquarium. It must be beautiful.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the kitten of course, (trying to get another ;) :p) and I have two goldfish (I don't know what kind) and a betta and a few guppies. Thats all. :p Yeah I love clown fish! :) and those cool saltwater fish that look like relative to betta's they are like split pink and purple and really cool. Anyway, have a good day!

- Randy

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
I have two Siamese cats and a collie. Some years ago I had 4 cats (rescues), three collies, collie pups once or twice a year, 2 parakeets, 2 finches, and 12 aquariums! I used to raise Angel fish, gouramis, and all kinds of live bearers. Aquariums are great, but I can't stand the thought of babies or eggs being eaten, so I kept buying more tanks. Loads of work!

I often wanted a salt water tank because of clown fish! And the colors are amazing in a salt water tank. My largest tank was 55 gallons. I had some rather unusual fish, Tin foil barbs that shined like foil and had orange fins and grew to be very long, and and Cobalt Blue Rift Lake Cichlids, which were mouth brooders. There were loads of others, too.

For fresh water tanks, an amusing little fish is a bumblebee gobi, which looks just like a bumble bee, and sits on bottom ornaments! The only problem is that it is a fin nipper, especially the fins of fancy guppies!

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've always wanted a saltwater tank too.

I think when I have a more stationary home (ei not an apartment) I'm going to look into getting a big tank.

So it's just me and my betas right now.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Except from the cats we have a waterfrog. I think it´s called african clawfrog in english but I´m not sure. We´re planning to buy a dog. Probably a bullmastiff.

·
Registered
365 Posts
We're hoping to get an Asian Leopard Cat within the year. We are planning to move this year and then we will buy one after we get our license and stuff. Once we have a bigger yard I would like to get a yellow labrador or a dog in that category.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Aside from the cats I have two dogs, a black lab and a Rottweiler/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. We also have a Koi pond in the back yard with a bunch of Koi, some baby Goldfish and a few frogs. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Aside from my two cats I have a dog (doberman husky cross) and a young mocha corn snake (she's kind of pinky purplish) Gizmo thinks she's food and Orion is scared of her..

·
Registered
757 Posts
Here's a picture of our other dog, Isaac. He's a bit furry because it's winter and we let his hair grow a little longer the usual that time of year.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have 4 outside BIG dogs, two inside dogs, and I once had a squirrel, 2 baby cardinals the cat brought in, and I've tried fish, but it just doesn't work with my cats! :shock:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jessica said:
young mocha corn snake
Cyprian, do you have a picture of her? I'd love to see it. We used to have two Burmese pythons, two Ball pythons and an African Sand Boa. Gorgeous reptiles but what a lot of work!
Have discovered that she isn't mocha (tho the colouring is right) she's a motley pastel, (mocha is so much easier to say.. sigh)

isn't she cute :D

1 - 20 of 110 Posts