Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Giant Eagle had a sale going on. $0.59 a pound for chicken quarters. I thought that was a decent price so I loaded up and got about thirty pounds. I have three dogs to feed so sadly, it won't last long. I used the last of the venison I was feeding and mixed in the chicken quarters.

For Otis, who has never had raw chicken, I was a little nervous. The window for kittens to learn what food is has closed on my little girl...lover of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches...and I worried she would not like it. I just cut a couple small pieces of meat and about three cat appropriate sized bones (ribs maybe?). She has only had soft bones from a fuzzy mouse and this was over a week ago so I held my breath.

She went right for the chicken! Ate those bones like it was her duty in life! She actually snubbed the venison! Stupid brat doesn't even KNOW how good she has it.

Just excited and thought I would share. I lucky that I ended up with an unpicky, no fuss cat!!

On a side note, my old lab tried to bury his chicken in the snow (I don't have anywhere to feed them boned stuff so they have to eat outside. The little guy gets his sweater put on) and the mastiff stole it! What a piggie!

·
Registered
90 Posts
LOL! Kittens surely know what is good for them! Before going raw, my Patches used to steal meat from me all the time. She would run off with it, growling. Anyways, congrats!

·
Registered
262 Posts
So you have still only fed the fuzzy to her? I got an opportunity to feed my Tucker a whole adult gerbil today. I had to cut a slit in it to expose the innards, but Tuck picked up on it right away. Took him right around a half hour to eat the whole thing. :) Figured you would want to know as my partner in crime as far as whole prey goes. ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pixall. You are my rock. LOL. I am glad to hear Tucker is doing it. Maybe we need to work on time management though? LOL. I have this guys number who sells feeder mice and I am working up the nerve to call him to arrange some sort of deal as he usually does reptile shows. I know him through a friend but still.....awkward.

And I feed Otis again with chicken and she snubbed her nose at it. I am also having issues with my dogs which I talk about at the dog food forum. I am uptohere with the lot of them!

OH! I got Otis Taste of the Wild to have when I am not feeding raw and she doesn't like it. She likes her Purina Kitten killer Chow though :(

UGH. Animals....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts