Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my Girls, Ashley, gave me a real scare this morning! Ashley is bad to try to run outside, we have to watch her close. Well, our screen door that opens to get into our main door doesn't shut just right so you have to pull it very tightly to get it to close, or else the wind bangs it like crazy all day. Well, I was coming back home really early this morning from taking my husband to work and when coming in, I didn't see Ashley. Well, I went to pulling hard on the door to get it to shut and heard a terrible scream. I was shutting the screen door with Ashley's neck in it!!! I felt so bad! I was afraid I had really hurt her, it was terrible! :cry:

Well, she was just fine, not hurt at all. I was sooooo happy. Sometimes it really amazes me at what cats can do or go through without getting hurt. I've seen some terrible falls, tails and toes ran over with office chairs, necks in doors.... How to they manage to come through so much, usually unhurt? Tough little suckers, they are. Thank the Lord. :lol:

·
Registered
552 Posts
What a perfect excuse to give Ashley some extra lovin'! If you needed an excuse, that is... :wink:

Peace,
Mike

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I'm so glad she's all right. It worries us so much if they get hurt--especially if we feel responsible. Yes, lots of love is in order, and I know she's getting lots of kisses and loves! :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx. :) Well, I try to give her luv, but she isn't very luvin'. She was when she was real young, guess she grew out of it. LoL. Still, I sneak in hugz and kisses whenever I can.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Every once in a while, I'll inavertantly step on one of my cats paws or tails. The scream they let out makes you think that they are mortally injured. However, I have yet to injure any of my cats in this manner. I have found that giving the stepped-on-cat some extra special food is the quickest way to heal up hurt feelings. 8)

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
You're so right, Wayne! Treats are always welcome. It works with women, too. There's nothing like a box of chocolate covered caramels to make me forget I'm hurting or upset! :D

Stormlvr79, I use kisses when my leg is going to sleep and I absolutely have to get my kitties to move. They don't really like kisses, do they? And I LOVE to kiss their heads! Sometimes they're so irresistable.... ::))

·
Registered
917 Posts
one time cujo snuck up beind me and i stepped back and totally stomped on him. he yelped, and then bit my ankle. after that he was fine again.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
When I had Blacky (one of many Blackys!), I went into labor and was hurrying to get a shower before I had to go to the hospital, and in my haste, I waddled right onto his stomach! Just like you, Faile, only I was as big as a cow! I was so sure he'd be hurt, but he was fine. I felt terrible about it.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
They make you feel so guilty, don't they? :(
Of course, if they weren't constantly underfoot, they probably wouldn't be stepped on so often. ==> Velvet makes it her goal in life to be right behind me every time I am in the kitchen.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Stormlvr79, I use kisses when my leg is going to sleep and I absolutely have to get my kitties to move. They don't really like kisses, do they? And I LOVE to kiss their heads! Sometimes they're so irresistable...."

I sure do luv to get kisses, it's a shame the cats don't luv it more. LoL

·
Registered
209 Posts
argh, i've done that too! :shock: i attempted to close reeko's neck in the door behind me once. at first, i thought a sock or something from the nearby laundry hamper was stuck in the door, so i pushed harder. reeko didn't make a sound! i looked down and there was his head poking out, looking up at me. i squealed and opened the door to let him in. (i was the one squealing! :lol: ) he slowly walked in the room, looking a little dazed and quite confused. he looked up at me and gave me that "well what the heck did you do THAT for?" look. i felt so awful! i picked him up and gave him love and kisses. i pushed on that door pretty hard, its amazing that he wasn't hurt.

i trip over lint in my new apartment all the time. he's black, and my entire apartment floor is black tiles. and he's not very bright when it comes to getting out of the way :lol:

he was born with a broken tail, broken in 2 places. once in the middle and once towards the tip. when he'd get that little kitten tail swishing, sometimes he created a spiral staircase effect with it. :shock: the vet didn't think he should reset the tail seeing as it wasn't causing him any pain. but one day...i didn't realize the lil guy was sitting behind me and i stepped on the tip of his tail. he made an awful squawk, i knew i'd stepped on his tail. i looked down and he was licking his tail, i felt awful! but seconds later, he stood up and started swishing his tail around with glee, and his tail was minus a crook! i'd actually reset the break towards the tip of his tail and he could move it normally now. before i'd stepped on him, he couldn't even move the tip of his tail at all, it just kinda flopped around lifelessly. i must have stepped on it just right :lol:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
marijun said:
argh, i've done that too! :shock: i attempted to close reeko's neck in the door behind me once. at first, i thought a sock or something from the nearby laundry hamper was stuck in the door, so i pushed harder. reeko didn't make a sound! i looked down and there was his head poking out, looking up at me. i squealed and opened the door to let him in. (i was the one squealing! :lol: ) he slowly walked in the room, looking a little dazed and quite confused. he looked up at me and gave me that "well what the heck did you do THAT for?" look. i felt so awful! i picked him up and gave him love and kisses. i pushed on that door pretty hard, its amazing that he wasn't hurt.

i trip over lint in my new apartment all the time. he's black, and my entire apartment floor is black tiles. and he's not very bright when it comes to getting out of the way :lol:

he was born with a broken tail, broken in 2 places. once in the middle and once towards the tip. when he'd get that little kitten tail swishing, sometimes he created a spiral staircase effect with it. :shock: the vet didn't think he should reset the tail seeing as it wasn't causing him any pain. but one day...i didn't realize the lil guy was sitting behind me and i stepped on the tip of his tail. he made an awful squawk, i knew i'd stepped on his tail. i looked down and he was licking his tail, i felt awful! but seconds later, he stood up and started swishing his tail around with glee, and his tail was minus a crook! i'd actually reset the break towards the tip of his tail and he could move it normally now. before i'd stepped on him, he couldn't even move the tip of his tail at all, it just kinda flopped around lifelessly. i must have stepped on it just right :lol:
I loved that post! It's amazing how you fixed his tail by stepping on it! And it's good to know I'm not the only poster that's shut the door on my cat's neck. LoL! :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Jeanie said:
That's amazing...If it just flopped, you'd think it was dead! (I had a cat whose tail died. We don't know how it happened. He had to have it removed. :( )
i wondered about that. his mother was so young and too small to properly carry and give birth to 6 kittens, so most of them were born with broken tails. the vet said its a rather common occurence for that sort of situation, and that often they're born with completely dead tails. lint's tail wasn't "dead" per se, he just couldn't move it beyond the 2nd crook. i don't remember why, think it had something to do with nerves or something. but once i stepped on it that day, all has been fine. you can still feel where the crook was, but he has full functionality now. the look on his little kitten face was priceless. at first he looked at me like i was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad person. but once he realized he could use his tail normally, his eyes got real big and he gave me the "wow, that freakin hurt, but thanks! whoa!" look :lol: he was as amazed as i was, if not more.

did your vet have any theories as to why your cat's tail died? that's so weird. poor kitty!

I loved that post! It's amazing how you fixed his tail by stepping on it! And it's good to know I'm not the only poster that's shut the door on my cat's neck. LoL!
yeah it was nice to see someone else has done that too! :lol: i felt so bad. reeko has a complex about doors now, even open doorways. he won't walk through them slowly, he hunches his back and tippy-toe runs through them :!: i'm pretty sure that's the incident that ruined him on doors.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Jeanie said:
They don't really like kisses, do they? And I LOVE to kiss their heads! Sometimes they're so irresistable.... ::))
I've gotten two different responses from cats whose heads i have kissed often...one, a 'love bite' immediately following the kiss, and two, they become persistent head-butters especially anytime your mouth is anywhere near their level...not so bad really, a mouthful of fur is kind of like a kiss, isn't it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts