Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they actually work? I thought it would be cool, so my mom said I could maybe get one tomorrow. But I just dont know if I believe that they work :? Have any of you ever had it work for you?

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
It did when I did it -- but I can't tell you for sure if it did or not because I used to do it with a friend who was a real idiot...and I think she may have been moving it a lot.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Yes, there's no need for anyone to push it. I think it's picking up electrical stimulation from your fingers. That's just a guess, however. It is considered to be of the occult. You might want to ask your pastor what he thinks, if you're concerned. I stopped using it years ago.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The movement of the thing is unconscious. It's not that anyone is trying to push it, it's that everyone wants it to move, and that effort is what moves it.

It's just a game... so, no, it doesn't "work". But it can be kinda fun. :D

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
In junior high my best friend and I both bought one each. We first tried it at a friend's pajama party. We must have sat there for 2 or 3 hours before it started to move even a little bit. Gradually, after numerous tries on various days afterward, we got to the point where it was moving sooo fast it literally left our fingertips, and no, no one was moving it.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
pookie769 said:
In junior high my best friend and I both bought one each. We first tried it at a friend's pajama party. We must have sat there for 2 or 3 hours before it started to move even a little bit. Gradually, after numerous tries on various days afterward, we got to the point where it was moving sooo fast it literally left our fingertips, and no, no one was moving it.
See, that's what happened with us -- I'm just worried that my friend was moving it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
if you plan on using one of those, which I HIGHLY advise against, make one yourself with painted wood and a shot glass upside down. the milton bradley one is just a toy.

for those of us who delve into this particular realm and use it as a tool it can be useful but you have to protect the space or else invite mostly unwanted beings into your life.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know, but we ordered that so I was just wondering. Is there a kind or whatever I can get that wouldnt just be a toy so I wouldnt have to make one?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Having one that "works" requires the occult being real. None of us are qualified to make that judgement.

I personally don't believe for two seconds that there's one out there that "works". Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
they kinda creep me out...only because when I was in my early teens my freinds and I were playing with one at a party and he had the lights off and all of a sudden the light came on in the basement (which is where we were) and scared the you know what out of us. I am sure it was just one of his family members playing a trick on us but still......

·
Registered
449 Posts
aphrodeia said:
Having one that "works" requires the occult being real. None of us are qualified to make that judgement.
we as human beings can only speak from what we know. I've had experiences involving the 'occult' and paranormal that lead me to judge that it's real.

it all comes down to personal experience

especially since occult means "Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable" which also can be used to describe religion.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts