Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been so busy this spring and summer so far, getting the barn done, and some family committments, that we haven't actually had much time for driving. Yesterday we finally were able to pull the horses out, hitch up, and go for our first drive. This was our very first drive with Tony since he came to live with us, and I have to say, I am in love with this little guy even more! He is very well broke to drive, and I felt very good about his abilities and safety when it comes to driving. I'm not as brave as hubby, so I prefer a quieter horse, where as hubby likes a bit of a challenge. I am very happy with how things have worked out with Tony, and the drive to Indiana to pick him up, along with having to fatten him up, was certainly worth it!

Thought some of you might like to see what it is exactly that we do with our minis. Here is a short video clip I put together. The video in this was just taken with my digital camera, so the quality isn't the best. The picture below I thought was really pretty, the way it shows him driving on the hill, so am including that also.

Video clip.
http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/soggybottomranch/?action=view&current=48b3db9a.pbr

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Tony's a little cutie! And such a lovely view you have to look at every day. :D

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Tony is beautiful and so is the scenery. Do you usually take them for drives right at your home or do you go places with them? That buggy looks like an interesting piece of machinery. Did you make it?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
katlover13 said:
Tony is beautiful and so is the scenery. Do you usually take them for drives right at your home or do you go places with them? That buggy looks like an interesting piece of machinery. Did you make it?
Back where we moved from, we had a much more flat property, and it was 20 acres. We kept our hay fields mowed, plus we lived on a dead end road, so we always just drove around home. Here, we are on a very hilly property, with only a couple flat areas. We can easily make a round around our property, and down the road, but that's about it. We have 4 acres of woods that we hope to get a bunch of trails in eventually. We'll probably end up trailering to drive more here than we had to back at the other place.

We just met a neighbor this weekend who lives about a 1/2 mile from us. Her and her sister have driving minis to, and we plan to get together for some trail drives with them as well! :D

The cart is an EZ-entry cart. We had them made by someone who makes very nice carts, they fit our boys well, and are very comfortable to ride in. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts