Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As if our house wasn't crazy enough with 7 kitties that don't all get along we decided to take on a foster puppy. Roxy and her six siblings were living outside in northern Minnesota. Two of the puppies died and the other five barely survived. With the temperatures going well below zero and so much snow on the ground a rescue group stepped in before the momma and puppies all died. They puppies arrived on a transport on Saturday afternoon and we took Roxy home a few hours later.

Roxy is an 11 week old Shepherd mix. She is skinny, but otherwise in pretty good condition. I can't believe how good she is. I think she is just happy to have food and a warm place to sleep. Here is a link to her webpage if you are interested in reading the full story. Roxy

Here is a video of her playing with her favorite toy.
Video

Here are a few pictures of the little girl.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
OMGosh! What a little doll! :heart It sure takes a special person to foster a lost puppy knowing that you'll have to turn it over to a new owner someday. I personally don't have enough inner strength for that. I'd be an emotional wreck. What a great thing you're doing!

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
She's adorable! What a pretty little girl, and so nice and warm and loved now. :D

(My girls would love that toy!)

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
She is so sweet! Love the floppy ears, and the last picture where she is sleeping in her little pink jacket and using her little pink toy as a pillow is wonderful.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
What a cutie! I love to hear these stories where people step in to save a dog or cat from suffering. You're really to be congratulated for that.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! :D Suprisingly things are going great with her and the kitties. For the first few days she had no interest in them at all, but is now starting to be curious about them. She has been bopped on the head a few times, but she gets the message and backs off. One day I let her sleep with me for a few hours and Gabby and Lily curled up just a foot or two away. Sassy is terrified of her, but that was to be expected. She is terrified of everything....including me. It's actually kind of nice though, because now Sassy hides on top of the fridge or the cabinets, instead of under the couches, and we can get to her if we need to.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
That face makes your heart melt! What a cutie.

Silly me I thought that was just a cat toy!

I havent seen them with the lighted ball. That is great. Did you find it at petsmart?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it was an upgrade to the original Turbo Scratcher. It is called a Star Chaser. I noticed that it has replaced the Turbo Scratcher at most stores. We got ours for 25% off at Menards. It was $11.19 for the Star Chaser, $2.89 for the refill cardboard, and $2.99 for a replacement ball. We couldn't resist a good deal. You could definitely just get a replacement ball and put it in a Turbo Scratcher. They are the same size. All the cats and the puppy seem to like the flashing light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts