Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)
(3 guesses as to what my name is ;) )

I have one 2-3 year old neutered male cat named Charlie.
My family rescued him about 1 1/2 years ago.
My younger sister was on her work experience at our old vet (we used to have rabbits), when a woman who runs a cat-boarding bought in a stray cat she'd found wandering round her property. He had no collar, no microchip, was covered in dirt and appeared generally neglected. It was evident that he had been abandoned as he wasn't afraid of human contact in the slightest, though he wasn't too happy about being picked up. Anyway, he was booked in for a check-up/health test and a neuter, which my sister aided in. The woman told the vet (and coincidentallly, my sister) that he would need rehoming, as she couldn't keep him at her boarding and she already had 6 cats of her own, and this boy didn't like them. Naturally, as soon as my sister heard this, she asked my parents every day for about 2 weeks till they finally caved, agreeing that it was time we got another cat. (Our previous one died at the grand old age of 22, due to kidney failure).

So that's how Charlie came to us. He's progressed amazingly in the past year-and-a-bit, he doesn't mind being picked up and fussed anymore, he doesn't attack our feet anymore, and is generally a healthy boy. He does however have to horrible habit of presenting us with various animals, both dead and alive, at inappropriate moments, such as dinnertimes, or 1:30 am :roll:

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Welcome, Emma,

Charlie is a beautiful boy!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi Emma. Charlie is very handsome...such beautiful eyes. What color are they? In one picture they look green/blue and in the other they look gold.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thank you for your replies :)
His eyes are a greeny-yellow. When I take pictures of him they seem more green inside and more yellow outside. I think they're more yellow, but artificial light obviously picks out the green more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello :)
(3 guesses as to what my name is ;) )

I have one 2-3 year old neutered male cat named Charlie.
My family rescued him about 1 1/2 years ago.
My younger sister was on her work experience at our old vet (we used to have rabbits), when a woman who runs a cat-boarding bought in a stray cat she'd found wandering round her property. He had no collar, no microchip, was covered in dirt and appeared generally neglected. It was evident that he had been abandoned as he wasn't afraid of human contact in the slightest, though he wasn't too happy about being picked up. Anyway, he was booked in for a check-up/health test and a neuter, which my sister aided in. The woman told the vet (and coincidentallly, my sister) that he would need rehoming, as she couldn't keep him at her boarding and she already had 6 cats of her own, and this boy didn't like them. Naturally, as soon as my sister heard this, she asked my parents every day for about 2 weeks till they finally caved, agreeing that it was time we got another cat. (Our previous one died at the grand old age of 22, due to kidney failure).

So that's how Charlie came to us. He's progressed amazingly in the past year-and-a-bit, he doesn't mind being picked up and fussed anymore, he doesn't attack our feet anymore, and is generally a healthy boy. He does however have to horrible habit of presenting us with various animals, both dead and alive, at inappropriate moments, such as dinnertimes, or 1:30 am :roll:

He's beautiful!! I really like the picture - and I love his eyes!!! Golden color... very majestic looking!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi Emma!
I'm new here too. :)
Charlie is absolutely beautiful! Wow!
Also, I just wanted to add that I think it's amazing your last cat lived to be 22! My in laws' cats are 17 and 18, and I thought they were about as old as most cats got!

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What a beautiful boy, I love the second picture! That was a great story on how you got him.

My in laws' cats are 17 and 18, and I thought they were about as old as most cats got!
Yes, 22 is quite old. More often cats are only with us 15-18 years, but cats living into their 20's aren't unheard of. The oldest confirmed cat on record was 38! There have been claims of cats living even long but can't be proven.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts