Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
those are some adorable kitties. I read your story, so sorry to hear what happened :(

Have you tried looking around for places that help with spaying / neutering?. When tali got our two done, he was given a certificate to help with the costs and it ended up being pretty cheap.

I had a look around on the internet and found a site called http://www.dumpstercats.org They had information on getting certificates. I saw on your ebay site that you are in PA so thought you might be interested in this, I don't know how close it is to you, but maybe they can point you in the right direction if they themselves can't help:

The SPAYED CLUB Frazer, PA (610) 275-7486
Certificates from $10.00 to $55.00 (based on situation)
Please call them directly for current pricing.
Nearest participating veterinarian to DE is in Chadds Ford, PA
Call and leave message with name and address for application

You can also take a look here: http://www.dumpstercats.org/certificates.htm

I hope that helps! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
THey are beautiful. You have been doing a great job and i'm surfing your Ebay webpage now. Hope Jbabee's suggestions will help you too. I don't live in America so I don't know the spay/neuter programs. But just thought I'd post a message to tell you: Keep Going! Now these four kitties have a new home :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks so much. Unfortunately I didn't find any close to our home. The cheapest we have found in our area was $85 for the females, and $65 for the male. I have spent weeks, calling and searching the internet. There were so many places that did it for much cheaper, but they were all to far to travel.
Jbabee79 your picture of your cat is adorable, it could pass for a brother or sister to ours.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Heyas, sorry to hear about your situation! Sometimes the animal control shelter will have information. I know that our humane society was willing to nueter/spay cats for free if your financial situation was right and they had enough money (from a government funding) to spay them. Also, have you looked into he clinics that travel and have vets that spay/nueter for really cheap? (like 30 dolllars for female, adn 20 for male, even cheaper actually). That's where i got my two spayed/nuetered at, and it was $50 for both nueter/spay and rabies shots. Also, have you asked vets about making payment plans since you are doing all 4 at one time?

I'd love to donate, but as of yet i have no job and i'm currently going to college. I have to commend you, at least you are trying to give these kittens lots of love! I too have had to drop a cat off at the animal shetler, only because she wouldnt' get along with my cats, and i had to take care of her 5 kittens and find them homes (which i did! my boyfriend took one).

Lots of hugs and love!

Amanda

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. Some other nice people, gave us the idea to make things and sell them on e-bay, so we made cat magnets, and are working on making some other things, so hopefully we will make a little money. We are also planning to have a garage sale, as soon as the weather gets nice. Thanks for your support.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Omg reading that story had me in tears :( How can a place not try to adopt out the kittens and kill them an hr after being dropped off.. thats horrible my stomach is ugh right now. That made me so mad. i am SO SORRY that u had to hear that n feel any guilt u did when u were doing right by taking them there. And im sorry about ur mother that is a dear shame :(

Those 4 little angels are so cute.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Renea,
I guess they killed them, because they had so many, but if only they would have told us, we would have never left them there. :cry: It still hurts me, I try not to think about it. I have learned a lot because of it, though. They do have no kill shelters, which I never knew before. Unfortunately the closest one is about an hour from our home, but I will travel there instead, if I ever have this problem again. It's so sad how many unwanted animals there are.
Thanks for your concern.
Your cats are adorable!

·
Registered
4 Posts
your kittens

hello , i too am an animal lover and will try and help as many as i can. After reading your story Iwould like ot help you. Please tell me your county and state and I will look into finding a low cost spay nueter program, as well I will contact them and prepay for the 4 cats to get fixed, so that all youll have to do is go to the appointment with the cats. I hope that this helps and I am glad to hear you are helping the cats out. Hopefully you can find the mother and get her fixed as well. Do not declaw your cats though please that is my only wish for helping you. You can post a reply or contact me directly at [email protected] thanks KAZ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts