Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres Our Tony...We adopted him from the Humane Society on July 5th this year...hes 1 yr old.

Heres Agustace (Gus) we adopted him Yesterday from the Local Animal control Shelter. Hes 3 years old

They are Perfectly intergrated as Family :D

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Congrats to you! They are both adorable. And, how sweet you are for adopting older kitties in the prime of kitten season. You must have such big hearts!! Love Toby's blue nailpolish too. :wink:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AddFran said:
Congrats to you! They are both adorable. And, how sweet you are for adopting older kitties in the prime of kitten season. You must have such big hearts!! Love Toby's blue nailpolish too. :wink:
LOL its actually not Nail Pollish...They are Soft Claws. Gus will be getting some too. I dont want to Declaw.

We opted for older cats because they are much more laid back than younger kittens and with my Daughters condition she gets easily overwelmed. Theyre both very affectionate and seek her out for a little belly rub or head pat which is what she needs :)

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Do you find the soft claws are easy to use? I have looked at them in a catalog and have wondered.

Tony and Gus are so handsome. I can't believe that 2 adults cats settled in so easily.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
lazzara8478 said:
LOL its actually not Nail Pollish...They are Soft Claws. Gus will be getting some too. I dont want to Declaw.
Oh, I know, I am very anti-declaw, I was being funny. Sorry, I guess that's hard to convey over the internet. Kudos to you for trying the alternative. I have never tried them before, but hear they are great, so long as you stay on top of the nail clippings (I know someone here on the forum had them grow into the pads of their cats paws I think due to not removing the soft claws and clipping periodically).

·
Registered
535 Posts
[/quote]
I have never tried them before, but hear they are great, so long as you stay on top of the nail clippings (I know someone here on the forum had them grow into the pads of their cats paws I think due to not removing the soft claws and clipping periodically).[/quote]

im the one who had the problem i thought they would fall off before that would happen. and it dont happen to all cats midnight my female i had them on her to with no problems just make sure you check them regularly. other wise they are nice.

beautiful kitty's.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Both are lovely kitties! And I agree with everyone else here that it's nice you adopted older kitties.

As for Soft Claws, I use them and I've never had any problems with them - generally, they fall off naturally. I do check their paws frequently though, especially since I find I usually have to reapply one or two every couple of weeks. However, I have one kitty that fights terribly for claw clippings or for Soft Claw application, so it isn't always easy here. :?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DesnBaby said:
Lovely kitties :D . Do you find that they get along together :?:
They get along great! When I first brought Gus home Tony was NOT happy, hissed, growled, swatted..you name it. But after I stoped watching I heard theyre little bells jingling and went and checked...they were playing in the bath tub together...lol
So the bad attitude from Tony lasted a whole 10-15 minutes. Gus is very tollerant. When tony was hissing he just sat there, never reacted at all...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts