Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone arounds us falls down with laughter when we tell them that our little Akira likes to take a shower with my boyfriend. But they hardly ever believe us. That´s why we gathered some proof ....

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sweet! She must like it otherwise you'd never be able to hang onto her because she would be digging her claws into your skin! Ugg..makes me shutter at the thought of taking mine in the shower with me!

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
timskitties said:
That's pretty amazing!! :D And no blood anywhere!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is what I was thinking! I would emerge a bloody mess if I tried to take Velvet in the shower. :yikes
She looks totally comfortable up there. :)

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Now that is neat! I too would have never believed it or else I would have thought the photos were of your kitty sitting at the bottom of the tub with no water running! :)

Are sphynxes more tolerant of water than furred cats? Or do they also dislike water like other cats?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Since naked cats needs regular baths, I'm not surprised at all she likes a good cleaning. And I don't blame the cat either to take a shower with that hunky guy. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your replies, it was really fun reading them!

Let me give you some inside information on the morning rituals over here ….. when Gerwin (that cute thing in the shower with Akira, grinn) opens the door the bathroom door, Akira usually runs in and jumps onto the bath tub. She just sits there staring at him with her big, big eyes. When he asks her “wanna come?” she stands up, winks at him and expects him to pick her up. As soon as he does, she puts her legs over his shoulder, starts purring and rubbing her head against his chin. She simply loves it! (as long as the water doesn´t get into her eyes).
When Gerwin puts her down again, she protests like nothing else! She want more and more and more!

About three weeks ago she was neutered and because the wound needed some healing, we were not allowed to take her into the water for a few days. So during this period Gerwin sprinted to the bathroom and closed the door right behind him. All I can tell you is that Akira wasn´t amused and made sure we knew about it!
So you can imagine how thrilled she was when we allowed her back in to the bathroom again.

@ Timskitties & Lori:
There has never been any blood. Akira simply loves it and never shows her claws, not in the bathroom, nor outside … the only scratches we ever get are those when she sits on our shoulders and feels the need to jump off …. sometimes she slips and then uses her claws to hang on AND when she thinks that we´re good enough to play for climbing pole: she takes a sprint, jumps on our back and then climbs all the way up to our shoulders.

@ Donaldjr1969 & CyberPet:
Sphynxes do need a regurlar bath (about once a week), however that doesn´t necessarily imply that they´re more tolerant to water, or love the process of getting cleaned. Their baths require using shampoo and rinsing it off. You should see the fights they put up sometimes. Akira loves taking a shower, but hates bathing time. We try to combine the two, but do not always succeed. Her brother Ozzy …. well he doesn´t like showering, nor bathing. They really put up a struggle when it´s bathing time. Funny thing is though that even as they struggle, they don´t use their claws nor teeth.

They´re weird little creatures, but we LOVE every bit of them! They really live up to the description we often hear about Sphynxes: quarter cat, quarter dog, quarter child and quarter monkey.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Awww, great pictures and I don't blame that gorgoeus kitty wanting to have a shower with that hunky man :wink:

But again i wouldn't of believed it until i saw the pictures as all my cats hate baths or water for that matter!

Bobble :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
That is sooo cute!!!!
What adorable pictures, I just love it! She looks so relaxed on his shoulder, her claws aren't out or anything....amazing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts