Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here is our new home...we dont live there yet though.
What I am so excited about is where I marked the lower window
with a yellow X......that is where we will be able to build an outdoor cat enclosure.
It is purrfect! I cant wait!!! :D
I also cant wait to show you all pictures as we build this!
It will be sooooo fun! :D

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Very nice! I bet you can't wait. :)
Is there still so much snow, or is that picture from a while ago? It is so warm in Minnesota all the snow is melting!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the house was on the market for less than a month....
We close and can start moving in on Feb. 14th.

I am really excited.....it is nothing rich or fandy or anything.
It is perfect for our family! And the price was Awesome!
We got the house for $108,000.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I cant wait...I lay in bed at night and think abouthow I am going to arrange the furniture...

You ever do that too?

Moving will be really hard, my husband is disabled and I am 7 months pregnant..... 8O We do have a couple friends who will help.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Congratulations on your new place. I bet it's extra fun because the cats have an outdoor place to hang out now too. I can't wait to see pictures

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congratulations! You will love having your own place. My husband and I have so much fun tiling, painting, etc. that sounds so silly, but it really is great making it your own space. :thumb

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We live in our own home now....its just not big enough anymore. :D

We outgrew our current house about 2 kids ago... :lol:

The new house has less quare footage on the upper level....
but that will be doubled once we finish the basment.
In the back is has a walk-out basement which was a 100%
for us when looking at homes....It is a huge fire safety when there will be children living down there. Plus with my hubby's disability.
it will make it easeier for him to get down there....he cannot walk down stairs very well. So he can just use the back yard..LOL

·
Registered
203 Posts
Congrats!!

Isn't it great to find a home you just love? My parents moved last year and my mom still will walk in the house and go "Don't you just love this house?"

I wish you many years of happy memories in your new home!!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope we love it!!!

I have lived in my current house for about 8 years and I love it!
But Hubby cant get around very good anymore in here.
We have a tri-level and there are stairs everywhere!

There will only be 1 potential problem with our new house.
If Hubby winds up in a wheelchair over the next 5 years....
the hallway is not wide enough....
I am just gonna cry if we have to move again.

We just keep praying that God will keep him on
his feet for many years yet.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Congrats, it looks very nice, with nice open level areas! Perfect place for the cat enclosure. I hope circumstances will work so you stay in this house for a nice, long time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you don't mind me asking-- what is the square footage---

$108,000-------- that is a good deal!!!! can't find anything in Las Vegas for that!!!!!!!!!!---- houses on my street have been going for close to $300,000 for average of 1700 square feet-- and this is a so-so neighborhood, not a lot of hoodlums running around, but not belair either

------------------------------------------
[just had to add an edit]
my husband was just in Winsconsin for the PSI trainging/classes... he fell in love with your state and is in the process of trying to convince me to move there--- he said the house prices are sooooo low compared to our dumb city------ he LOVES BASEMENTS!!!! One of his fellow classmates there is a local and is selling his house for $500,000, triple the size of our house-- my husband wanted it bad.... he had NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT YOUR STATE!!!!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes....we are very happy with the price!
O.k......the square footage in the upper level is 1300.
The lower level is the exact size as the upstairs.
It has 3 look out windows on the side of the house...you can see them in the pic...and in the backyard there is a door that goes right on the basement.....the lot slopes down so they could do that.
So when you are in the basement....it feels open and not basement yucky like. Get this....the taxes are only $1900 per year.

OH MY GAWD.....$500,000 would buy a FRI**GGEN MANSION around here! Seriously...GORGEOUS GORGEOUS homes.

Before my husband became disabled he was a BrickLayer....he laid the brick on many of those homes in our area...some as expensive as $850,000 dollars {{{Gulp}}}
I used to love to tour through the homes during the construction!
They were so beautiful!

·
Registered
258 Posts
500000 is a real small house here.... & don't get me started on the schools here..... lets just say Nevada ranks 48th in the country

YOUR HOUSE LIKE A MANSION!!!!! THAT IS BIG

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The $500,000+ homes I have been inside were well over 5000 square feet of living area....not including the basements.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts