Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my fiance and I went and looked at the kittens tonight that my friend is fostering. We have narrowed down our choice to be between 2 kittens (he won't let me take both) One is a male tabby who is active and playful, but a bit shy. The second one is a female calico who is active, playful, and not shy! I think we are going to go with the calico, but will be going back next friday to be sure and my friend is going to pay extra attention to her and let us know more about her personality! Anyway regardless of which one we choose we get to bring him/her home in 2-3 weeks depending on the shelter! :p

Here is some pictures!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
OMGosh! Look at that little face!!! I'm a bit partial to Calicos, though. :grin:

They're both adorable.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Can I ask why you can't take both? If he's fostering for a shelter, is that even up to him? Usually people are happy to see their kitties go into the same home if they're going to be cared for properly, and that you're friends should make this decision even easier, as he'll be able to check in on them if he likes.

Anyway, congratulations. They both look adorable, whichever you pick!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
They are adorable! congrats. You should take both of them home so that they will get used to each other because it will be stressful for them if you just take one home.

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
We have narrowed down our choice to be between 2 kittens (he won't let me take both)
Won't let you? hmmmmm

He may be sorry when your kitten wants to play all hours of the day and night and gets into all kinds of mischief. Another playmate will help expend the endless energy that kittens have.

I'm just saying.... :grin:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yep you definitely need both :D I had one kitten and within weeks I knew he needed a playmate. It is too insanely cute to see them snuggled together (see avatar!) to not have!

Is it your fiance of the person fostering who wont let you take 2? few crossed wires I think!

I am sure the shelter would LOVE to have two kitties adopted instead of one... many places insist on people having 2 if they are young and the owners work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the nice comments! My fiance and I are so excited!

Just to clarify, its my fiance who won't let me take both! There are 6 kittens total, we have just narrowed it down to those 2 based on personalities. We currently have a 9 month old kitten who is nuts and very social and would do better with a playmate which is why we decided to get another kitten. The 2 pictured happen to be the ones who have the closest personality to our current cat, the calico more so because at this point she is more out going and seems to be the type up for a good adventure which would fit our current cat better then the tabby who is more reserved and he took longer to warm up and become comfortable. I really wish we could take both, but our house is just to small to have 3 cats. The foster mom would be more then happy to adopt both to us though!

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. In your case, definitely only take one. I think if I had only adopted one of my twins, they would have bonded more with Cleo and Cinderella, but taking them both, they had each other.

Not that I'm sorry, I couldn't imagine them separated. :grin:

Gorgeous Georgia, love black kitties!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts