Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, we said good bye to our sweet baby KC. His degenerative disc disease was too much for him to battle anymore. The vet confirmed that he was still in alot of pain and his body was rejecting the medicines. We just couldn't let him be in pain anymore.

KC, you stole my heart the moment I saw you in that pet store. You were the one that climbed up my pant leg as a tiny kitten. I was looking for a friend for Patches and you chose me.

Daddy & I couldn't decide on a name for you so we named you KC which is short for kitty cat. You were such a cuddle bug and so sweet. We knew that you loved all of us and we loved you.

Dominic & you were buddies. He told me that it just won't be the same around here without his little buddy. He said that you knew when he wasn't feeling well and was always there to snuggle with him. He said that he will miss how you would stomp on his chest to wake him up.

You & Daddy had a special morning routine. You didn't sleep with us anymore but you would always jump in the bed when Daddy was getting ready for work & give him high fives with your paw.

You would always curl up on my lap when I was watching tv or reading a book. You were my little lap warmer.

We will miss your funny ways and you greeting us at the door when we would come home.

Thank you for trusting me today as I held you in my arms. You were truly a fighter and I am thankful that God gave you to us and that we had as long as we did with you even though it will never seem long enough.

We love you baby KC and will cherish all the memories that we had with you. You are now running free with your brother Patches where you won't have to hurt anymore.

RIP 4/9/99 to 3/13/13.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm so very sorry. He knew you loved him and that's what matters most. He's no longer in pain and is awaiting your arrival at the rainbow bridge. You did a very selfless act for him and put his needs before your own. You're a true kitty momma and may your heart heal with time.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much. My mom was there with me so that I wasn't alone. The vet assured me that I did the right thing. It was so hard as his eyes were still so bright and he was still eating and drinking. But his lower back was so hunched that I knew he was hurting bad. And when he screamed out in pain from the vet examining his back, I couldn't let him suffer any longer.

We have been through alot and did everything we knew to help him. As much as my heart is aching, I know deep down that my husband & I made the right choice. We will definitely see him later at the end of the rainbow.

We did get a keepsake of his paw prints imprinted. I wish I had one of Patches'. Family is Forever and we will never forget him.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You did exactly what he needed and he trusted you to make that decision for him. You're a very courageous and strong person for making that big of a decision. He loves you that much more for it. <3

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You did exactly what he needed and he trusted you to make that decision for him. You're a very courageous and strong person for making that big of a decision. He loves you that much more for it. <3
Thank you for your kind words.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. I was following you babies progress and was hoping for the best. I think you did "the best" for him. It's always heartbreaking to read these stories and always brinngs me back to my loss. I feel for you.............."hugs"

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm so sorry for your loss. I was following you babies progress and was hoping for the best. I think you did "the best" for him. It's always heartbreaking to read these stories and always brinngs me back to my loss. I feel for you.............."hugs"
Thank you so much. I was hoping that he would have shown improvement from the meds but I think that he was in a later stage of his disc degeneration. When I look back on things, I think he started having problems at the end of last year. They were subtle changes. I am very intune with my pets. They are my babies.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone. I had a break down, this morning, after I dropped the kids off at school. I am doing better this evening. I miss him but I'm glad that he isn't in pain anymore. I could see it in his eyes Tuesday night when he looked at me.

The poems on this site has been helping me too. They are beautiful!

·
Registered
689 Posts
You'll have many breakdowns during your grieving process. Be sure to lean on your husband and mother for support and be there for your family as well. He was a beloved pet. I'd worry if you didn't break down from time to time. {{{{Big hugs}}}}

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You'll have many breakdowns during your grieving process. Be sure to lean on your husband and mother for support and be there for your family as well. He was a beloved pet. I'd worry if you didn't break down from time to time. {{{{Big hugs}}}}

Thank you mum of 7. He was a member of our family. My son was crying again last night. I feel so bad for him.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Awww. :( I imagine it is your kids' first introduction to death too?

Maybe set up a little memorial in the garden where you can talk to him. I create garden path stones and put the name and dates and special things on it then plant indigenous wildflowers around it. It helps me grieve.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awww. :( I imagine it is your kids' first introduction to death too?

Maybe set up a little memorial in the garden where you can talk to him. I create garden path stones and put the name and dates and special things on it then plant indigenous wildflowers around it. It helps me grieve.

Well, he was 8 when we said good bye to Patches. But I think he bonded better with KC. My son is 10 1/2 now. My daughter doesn't understand since she is only 6.

I like your idea of garden stones. I will have to check that out.

I told him that hugging one of our other furry pets helps alot too. We have our 10 year old dog, Samantha & our new 1 year old cat, Shadow. I know that it's not the same as having him here but it helps me. Plus, I have been looking at photos of him when he was a kitten & remembering all of the things he did in his younger days.

Coming here talking to all of you helps too. I have 1 real life friend that is compassionate to my loss but my other acquaintances just don't seem to care. I thought that they were friends but have realized they are just acquaintances. I have distanced myself from them.

My family understands because they have been there many times. I am just taking each day, one day at a time and say my prayers to God. I found a song called Blessings by Laura Song that is helping with my grief. In it she says that Earth is not our permanent home. It is truly a beautiful song.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts