Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We are upgrading to a 110 gallon stock tank next month for DH's b-day. But our 5 turtles live in here for now, our baby snapper is in a 20L turtle tank and will be getting this tank to herself once we get the new one.

Anyone else here have turtles?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have a red eared slider. I have had her for 9 years.

I don't have pictures of her whole tank. Maybe I'll take some. She is in a 40 long right now. I am trying to buy her a 75 or 85 gallon long soon. I don't remeber which it was. I saw it at a pet store. For the tank, hood and stand it was under $400 :? It is basically the same length as her tank now, just a little wider. She has to turn sideways to get past her basking area, so I want to get her something wider.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is a beauty!

We gave up on tanks a while ago...too expensive. We are getting a 110 gallon stock "tank" for about $70.00 - only problem is, you can't see through it, but we're ok with that.

·
Banned
316 Posts
Ianthe said:
KellZ625, what kind of turtles do you have? Do your other animals bother them, in that open setup?
My dogs would so drink out of that.....and I would find the cats in the middle island pawing at the water.

Mine is just in a 20 Gal long (a 4 year old slider). But Fred is going to live with the neighbor. I feel badly that we don't have the space for a bigger set up for her (I know....girl....named Fred) but our neighbor has a slider and a HUGE set up. So he said he'd be more then happy to take Fred.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ianthe said:
KellZ625, what kind of turtles do you have? Do your other animals bother them, in that open setup?
Nope, no-one bothers them at all. Sage wouldn't get her paws wet in that and Ska went on the basking area as a kitten, got wet and never went back on it.

The dogs like to watch, but they know better than to go close, we've taught them not to since they were pups... and they are kind of scared of them anyway.

We have:

A hyroglyphic Cooter
A northern painted
A diamondback terrapin
A malaysian box (which is really aquatic, don't let the name fool you)
A pink bellied sideneck
A baby common snapper (housed in a 20L until we get a new tank next month)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts