Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out two half-Siamese cats are driving us (especially my wife) crazy. They are indoor only, seem to be bored and want to get into everything. They want to jump on counters where we don't want them, such as in the kitchen and the dining table. Playing with them doesn't seem to help that much. They are approaching two years old. With our previous cats, they would not get on the counters when we shook cans with coins near them, these cats don't care. How to keep them under control?

Thanks for any advice...

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
Youve just encountered kittenhood. Plus you have a partial breed of cat , the siamese, who are extemely intellegent, climbers, love high places, talkers, very social, athletic.

Cats who are intellegent are a bigger challenge. I have a very smart tabby foster who drives everyone crazy. He open doors, is into everything since he is so curious & very willful. I know he knows word commands cuz Ive taught him what I expect but have to keep consistant about it. Ive been in and out and gone out of town alot and lost control and have to start all over again with him. Its like having a dog. He needs someone with alot of intereaction to be happy and fulfilled.

Hopefully those who have Siamese will chime in and give you some tips.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Yup, normal kittens AND part Siamese!
They need tons of attention and lot's of patience. Some cats don't respond to training devices that others do, if the coin can isn't working, try something else, like double sided tape or tin foil on the counters. Mostly, never,, ever ever leave anything good or interesting on the counter or you may as well give up now. Give them a place to climb that is okay. Get some good interactive toys for them. If you don't have Da bird, I highly recommend it! Sometimes, something as simple as a ball in a box or the tub can be a great distraction.
That being said, some cats are simply more active and curious than others. The fact is, you may never be able to train these guys off the counters but, with patience and consistency, you might!
Enjoy them!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts